˗ˋ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE TWO EXES FINALLY TALK

. . .

"I was wondering where you two ran off to." Remus commented, as James and Tiger walked back into the common room, almost half an hour after the majority of the party had retreated to their dorms.

Remus and Lily, being prefects, had convinced their friends to stay behind and help them clean up, as well as a couple others who thought that maybe they could contribute to the process.

They had organised it so they were split into two groups, each of the groups cleaning a half of the common room. And, even though the common room did need cleaning, Lily and Remus knew both Tiger and James and considering Remus having mentioned that Tiger probably had something stronger than butterbeer with her, there was a high chance they had gotten drunk.

Which was confirmed by not how the both of them acted, but how Tiger acted. It became obvious that maybe James a little tipsy, but Tiger was definitely drunk.

"Oh Tigs." Lydia gasped, as soon as she saw the girl. She stopped enchanting the rag to wipe the tables, and ran over to James, who was holding Tiger up.

"Lyd-ia." Tiger giggled, as she saw her. "Do you want some?" She said eventually, after a slurred version of the sentence, and after several attempts.

Lydia was confused, until Tiger pulled out a pretty much empty bottle. Lily instantly pulled it off the girl, examining the label. "Gigglewater?" She asked, looking over at Remus, who shrugged.

"It's something they have in America. Really sweet tasting champagne." James said, somewhat overly smiley, considering how he had reacted in any conversation he had had with Lily since the start of term.

"So she's drunk." Lily concluded, and then looked over at Sirius. "You want it?" She asked, Sirius walking over, taking one look at the label and taking it. "How do you look after drunk people."

"You live a very exciting life, Lils." Tiger giggled, and for a moment, the ginger girl just stared at her drunk friend. "But... I might throw up."

"Attractive." Sirius snickered, as he watched the scene. "But Moons, come on. And you Lydia. You can help her change, I know exactly how to look after drunks. From experience."

"And why do you need me there?" Remus asked, looking between his dazed cousin to his best friend.

"Parental supervision. And it's your cousin." Sirius shrugged, and together he and Lydia took Tiger from James's arms, and with Remus's help, began to walk her up to their dorm.

James and Lily stayed still for a moment, the Potter boy watching as his best friends, and Tiger's best friend helped the girl up the winding stairs. "I suppose I should help clean up as well." James looked around, making sure to avoid Lily's eyes. "What needs doing?"

"Um.." Lily followed his actions and looked around. "Maybe just the tables need to be wiped.. make sure there's not any rubbish lying around."

As soon as the words had left her mouth, James scurried off to do as she mentioned, joining Peter, Marlene and a few random other Gryffindors around the room.