-ˋ 49

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE
ONCE MORE

. . .

"Come on! What have I said about seperate rooms you five!" Euphemia's words woke them up from their sleep, Tiger shooting up from laying to sitting and feeling a rush of blood to her head, James groaning, Sirius not even moving from beside Remus and Peter.. well Peter was no way to be found. 

"Mum it's early and cold and let us sleep please!" James whined, gasping when an arm collided with his stomach. "Twigs, what was that for?"

"You're doing that right into my waist." She grumbled, swotting him away. "Now get off me before I diffindo your hands off." 

"Someone's in a mood this morning." James groaned as he rolled off of her. "Why do we need to get up?" He asked, finally opening his eyes and sitting up. 

"Because today you're going back to Hogwarts." Euphemia was only a little busy as she climbed over the mattresses that Remus, Peter and Sirius had been sleeping on in order to pull open the curtains. "Now I know it's cold, but we need to get some air into here - all five of you sleeping in here makes it awfully stuffy." 

Noises of agitation came from the teens as a cold breeze flooded through the bedroom. "Where is Peter, by the way? I wanted to ask him about his breakfast but he's not here." At that moment, the sound of Treacle hissing and spitting could be heard from the hallway, then banging as she began to race around.

This seemed to wake everyone up, catching on to what was happening quickly. Sirius scrambled from his bed as if he had been awake for hours and was out of the door in seconds, Euphemia watching confused. 

"He has a.. unpredicatable bladder." Remus looked up at the woman as she shook her head and walked out of the room, pausing and turning back in. 

"Breakfast is going to be ready in twenty minutes, then you have an hour to pack everything up and we need to leave." Euphemia pulled the door so that it was very almost closed, and the three within burst into laughter.

"Unpredictable bladder, Rem?" Sirius's tone was whiny as he arrived back, his hand hiding something in his shirt. "Peter was playing cat and mouse. Or rather cat and rat." The Black boy rolled his eyes as he placed Peter down, watching as he transformed back into a boy. 

"You guys wake up way too late. I was bored." Peter shrugged, reaching for his bags. "I dibs the bathroom first - then I can go and see what your mum was saying about breakfast."

From then on, it was a flurry to get changed, Tiger apologising quickly to James for his grumpy attitude before disappearing to her own bedroom, picking out a pair of flared jeans with patchwork squares over the knees, a deep red printed blouse shirt that she tucked in and laying out a matching jean jacket with similar patches over the elbows and decorated with buttons and pins. 

"Wear those boots." A gentle instruction came from the doorway and she looked up, smiling when she met James's eyes. 

"Which ones?" She asked, drifting away from her mirror and the rack by the doorway. James crouched beside her, running his finger over several pairs of boots before landing on a pair of heeled boots in the same red as her shirt. 

"These ones." He pulled them out. "They'll look good. And they're Gryffindor colours." 

"God, you and your house pride." Tiger shook her head and placed the boots on the bed beside her jacket. Treacle, tired from the game with Peter in his animagus form, promptly sat on top of the denim, only to be shooed off. "I'm sorry.. I just can't have cat hair all over my outfit." The Howell girl shook her head gently, watching as the cat wound herself around James's legs before scurrying out.

"Come on, I'm hungry." James was pulling Tiger out of the room before she could say anything else, dragging her down the stairs. 

And after a breakfast cooked especially for them by Euphemia and spending an hour or so packing their trunks up again, James, Tiger, Remus, Sirius and Peter were making their way back to King's Cross station to complete the last few months of their education at Hogwarts.

They knew it wouldn't be the same, and so they savoured those short moments before.