f o u r

Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

Immediately you pushed him off of you and wipe off the area where he touched you. "No thank, Your Highness. I can find Mary alone. I don't need a prince to follow right behind me" You said, but he laughs and crosses his hands.

"Do you know what type of people are on the streets? Would you prefer to go alone or would you like to go with a strong prince and his guards?" he looks at you to see you walking away. "Hey!" He yells as he runs to catch up to you. "I can take care of myself, Prince Jungkook. I'm not your typical noble's daughter" you replied.

"Of course you're not which is why you're so interesting to be around" he answers.  Once you were back on the streets, you saw the royal guards looking around, worried. You turned your head to see Prince Jungkook wearing his cloak again. "Did the crowned prince escaped from his guards?" You asked him while smirking.

"No. I asked them to stay by the carriage-"

"The crowned prince is here!" You yelled as you grabbed onto his arm. Prince Jungkook tries to push you away but before he could, the guards came. You let him go and run away, allowing the royal guards to deal with his highness.

You laughed as you heard the prince yelling your name. 'Stupid annoying prince' you thought as you continued looking for Mary.

At the end of the day, you found Mary with one of the village guards, crying. Once she saw you, she hugged you tightly and apologized for leaving you alone. You were used to being alone so nothing scared you.

"It's okay Mary. No one tried to hurt me and I'm glad that you're safe too. How about we finish shopping before we go home?" You asked her with a smile.

"Of course, Lady (Y/N)" she wipes her tears.

———

"Mary! I heard there's a festival today in the village. Is there a possibility we can go?" You asked her, but she shakes. "I'm afraid not, Lady (Y/N). Duke Lee might not allow you to go since there is a party tonight" you sighed and looked back down at your hands.

"You have received a letter from the royal palace"Mary hands you the envelope. You take the envelope and opened it. 'Another tea party? They're so bothering to attend' you thought before reading the letter.

Dear Lady (Y/N) of  The Lee House,

It would be an honor that you be my partner for tonight's party. I will be arriving at your house around seven. Can't wait to see you again.

Love, Prince Jeon Jungkook

"Burn the letter now" You handed it back to Mary, but she shakes her head. "Lady (Y/N), this is a royal letter. You can not do such a thing. May I ask who wrote it?"