t w e n t y - f o u r

a/n:
early update cuz i got certified for the election membership in Mu Alpha Theta (mathematics honor society)

a/n:early update cuz i got certified for the election membership in Mu Alpha Theta (mathematics honor society)

Chapter Twenty-Four:

The prince was furious, knowing that you're here in Daegu. He wasn't going to allow you to run off. You are going to be his wife and that's all. He tried his best to get you to fall for him yet he might have to use force to get what he wants. "Prince Jungkook, you came quick fast" Lady Jisoo curtsy at him. Lord Jimin bowed down and looks at the prince to see him clenched his jaw. "Where is she?" He asked them.

"She didn't want to come with us and stayed with the king and Lord Taehyung. The King happens to want her to marry him or-" Lady Jisoo's eyes landed on the prince who clenched his fist. "I'm gonna kill him if he lays a finger on my woman" prince jungkook gets off his horse and walks the doors of the gates.

The doors then open to reveal the King with a smirk. "What a pleasant surprise! What is the prince of Busan doing at my doorstep" King Yoongi asked as he crosses his arms. "where is she, King Yoongi? Where is my fiancé?" he asked him. "I believe your fiancé is in Busan. Lady Anne-"

"I'm talking about (Y/N). Where is she?" The prince asked again. "How should I do? She wasn't my date. Her partner was Lord Taehyung" the king answered. The prince grabbed the king but the collar and pulled him close to him. The guards pulled out their swords, ready to protect their king/prince. "You better tell me where he lives or else I won't hesitate to kill you right now, King Yoongi" Prince Jungkook threatened.

The king then starts laughing crazy. "You think you could kill me, young prince?" King Yoongi asks as he pushes the prince off of him. The king cracks his neck and looks at the prince. "The poor girl wants nothing to do with you. Why don't you just go back to Busan and just marry Lady Anne? She-"

Prince Jungkook turns his heel and walks off. "I'll break into every house until I find my (Y/N)" he said as he hops onto his horse. "I won't leave until I have her in my arms. Lady Jisoo and Lord Jimin, could you please help me search for her?" He asked them and they gladly accept.

The whole night they went searching for you. An old man helped the prince and led him to the Kim's Mansion. Prince Jungkook bangs on the door until someone opens the door. A maid opens the door and bows when she saw the crown on his head. "Where's Lady (Y/N)?" He asked her. "I'm not sure who you're speaking of, Your Highness" she looks down. He pulls out his sword and places it against her neck.

"I have searching crazy for her. You better tell me where she is" Prince Jungkook said. Tears started rolling down the maid's cheeks. "S-She's heading towards the Kim's cabin in the forest" the maid answered. The prince drops her and she tries to catch her breath.

"You'll be taking us there" Prince Jungkook looks at her.

———

You were in the forest picking berries with Jennie. Mary was at the cabin with Taehyung. "Is there a reason why we're here?"Jennie asked and you stayed quiet. Knowing Jennie, she would start asking questions why you reject the prince. "no reason. I just asked him if we could come here since I'm used to living in the forest" You lied.

Jennie looks up at the sky to see the sunset. "Since we're alone, I want to thank you. My brother told me you were the one who helped when with our older sister" she said. "She didn't want to abused Taehyung. Instead, she wanted me but my brother stepped in. He got hurt because of me" she starts crying. "Thank you so much, Lady (Y/N). Because of you, my brother has been happy. You're the reason for his happiness which is why I feel like you're better to marry him" Jennie said wiping her tears and looking at you.

"So please consider seeing Taehyung as a man, not a friend," Jennie said. You looked away, not wanting to say anything. As much as you wish you could, your heart had no feelings towards anyone. Your goal is to escape this game and go back to the world where your family is.

Yet it's getting difficult every day. You changed the game and now you must face the consequences. All of the characters have changed. Knight Jung was right that your destiny is to die as the villainess, but no one wants you died. Instead, they want you alive for their own reasons.

"We should leave before it gets dark," You said as you started packing up. The two of you started walking back to the cabin where you saw horses outside. You grabbed Jennie and hid behind the bushes. "what's going on?" she asks you yet your eyes were instead the cabin, hearing groans and cries. "stay here. whatever you hear, do not look back" you said as you removed your cloak. Jennie's eyes widened. "N-No, you can't..." she begs you.

"now run" you shouted as you headed straight inside the house. You kicked open the door and gasped seeing blood all over the floor. Taehyung was on the ground, beaten up, and had a knife inside his thigh. Tears started rolling down your cheek when you looked down.

Mary's head was in front of you. Her body was chopped into pieces. "Oh! Look who we have here. It's the oldest daughter of Duke Lee. Do you know how much money we'll get out of this?" A man with a scar on his face asked his friends who walked out of the rooms with jewelry. You looked around and grabbed a sword that was on the floor. 'control yourself. you can't expose your magic as much as you want them to pay for what they did'

"get the girl," the scarred man said and his men started walking towards you. "come on now. Drop the sword, little girl" one of them said. "Never" you shouted and started attacking them. You managed to stab one of them yet the others had an ax and sword. As you were trying to fight them off, they cornered you and knocked your sword out. "You're gonna pay for killing my brother!" the ax guy yelled before punching you.

"ahh!" the scarred man cried out. the other guys turned around to see their boss being brutally stabbed with a sword. "die! die! die!" your eyes widened when you heard their voice. "Prince Jungkook..." you called out his name. He turns around and you see his face covered with blood. He clenched his jawline when he saw blood dripping down your nose. "Close your eyes, love. I don't want you to see what I'm about to do to these creatures for hurting you" Prince Jungkook said.

you nodded and closed your eyes as well covered your ears. Prince Jungkook gave them a smirk. "Do you know what you just did to yourself? You hurt the future Queen of Busan and that deserves death. A death and is painful" the prince said. The two men run towards the prince with their weapons in the air ready to kill him yet with one strike. The prince stabbed them. The prince had another sword on him which allowed him to stab them both at the same time.

They both dropped onto the ground. The prince looks at them frustrated and digs the swords deep into them, making them cry for help. "no one is gonna save you two. you deserve to rot in hell with your friend" the prince said. "let me have a bit fun before you die on me" he added on.

Prince Jungkook started kicking their heads and stepped on their hands. His guards walked into him stomping on their heads, causing the blood to go on his shoes. "Take Lord Taehyung. He's injured" he ordered his frightened guards. They nodded and lift the unconscious man. The prince then headed towards you and cupped your cheeks. You opened your eyes to see him in front of you.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and cried into his arms. Prince Jungkook hugs you back and runs your back as you mourn over the death of Mary.
"(Y/N), no one is gonna hurt you. I'll prepare a proper funeral for her, love. Please don't cry" he said in a soft voice yet you still cried. He was so lucky that Lady Jennie appeared in front of him or else he would have walked in to see your death and the prince wasn't ready for that.

"let's go back home"