t w e l v e

Chapter Twelve:

Chapter Twelve:

Your eyes widened when you were pulled into a hug by him. "You still look beautiful as very, (Y/N)" he said. "You changed a lot! You even got taller and muscular. Damm" You pulled away from the hug. You could see his cheeks turning red and Taehyung looked away. "I-I started to work out right after I graduated from the academy," he said.

"So what are you doing here in Busan? I thought you were from Daegu?" You asked. "Oh, yes I am. The King of Daegu is here for Prince Jungkook's age of coming party. He was curious about his future bride" Taehyung answered.

He leans towards your ear and whispers, "so did he ask you?", making your eyes widened. You turned to face him and saw Taehyung smiling. "did you say yes?" he asked. You took a deep sigh and shook your head. "Of course not. I have no intention of being married to a boy like him" you crossed your arms.

"I would have thought you would have said yes. He did like you back then. Mostly everyone close to him knew he did" Taehyung said. "I told him before that I planned on staying single and live a peaceful life and I'm still living to that" you stated. Taehyung nods and looks up at the sky. "You know everyone would have loved you to be Queen. You were one of the hardest students from the academy to beat" he said.

You stepped in front of him and smiled. "That's where you're wrong" you tapped his nose before walking away.

———

Taehyung was standing by his king, waiting for the carriage. His brown eyes landed on a familiar figure who was walking with another woman. "To think that everything she did was just an act. Wow. No wonder why she decided to disappear. Lady (Y/N) knew that everyone was going to hate her" the lady said. "She said cruel things to the prince that made him cry. Luckily I was there to cheer him up" Lady Anne said.

"You and Prince Jungkook deserve each other. I can't wait until you become Queen. Everyone will love you" she said making Lady Anne smile and blush. Taehyung clenched his fists as they continue to talk bad about you. The King of Daegu notices it and smirks. "So is that Lady (Y/N) the one you like?" He asked, making Lord Taehyung's cheeks turn red.

The king chuckles and looks away. "It looks like a yes. So care to explain to me this drama? You know I only came here for that" he said. "Well Your Highness, Lady (Y/N) is a friend of mine that I made in the academy. She helped me through a dark time for me. She was the number one student and had kept her place her entire school year. Prince Jungkook has had a crush on her through the school years yet she kept on avoiding him. Lady Anne then started to get close to the prince. After graduating, Lady (Y/N) disappeared without a trace"

"Yesterday, the Prince went on a search for her and when he found her, he proposed to her. Yet Lady (Y/N) rejected him because she planned on staying single and live a quiet life. I saw her a few hours ago... it's like she knew that people were going to talk about her" Taehyung said.