Chapter Twenty-Two

Flashback

The smell of black tea wavered in the air, making the kitchen full of the aroma.

In just a few short hours, Levi would be home from that business trip in Europe,the anticipation from him to arrive was killing you.

You quickly repositioned the iron kettle that was on the stove, so that the tea would settle while you continued to clean the house. You quickly took a wet rag and began to wipe off the tabletops, in hopes that it would meet Levi's expectations.

You kept scrubbing away a coffee stain on the table while you listened to the kettle scream from the constant steam coming out of it. Your husband was going to be very pleased with your work around the house.

You had it all planned out in your head. Levi would walk in and you would smother him with hugs and kisses and then you would guide him to the kitchen and pour him some tea, followed by giving him his favorite meal. After his food is settled, you would guide him to the bedroom for some alone time, to welcome him back from his sex deprived trip.

You went to the closet where Levi had an array of cleaning supplies that he loved dearly. You grabbed the lemon floor soap and bucket and dragged it out before closing the closet behind you.

You went back into the kitchen and filled the bucket up with water and then poured the liquid soap into the bucket. The bubbles formed at the top as you dipped the mop in and drained it before setting the mop on the floor and dragging it against the wood.

You managed to clean the entire living room and kitchen before Levi had arrived. You heard the car door slam shut as you were emptying the bucket and wringing out the mop. You quickly ran to the closet and tossed the items in their correct places before leaning against the kitchen counter casually.

Levi had his briefcase in his hands as he walked through the door. Your heart began to pound as you had seen his familiar face. You quickly ran up to him and hopped on him, making him flinch at first before setting his briefcase on the floor.

"I missed you so much."You said as you peppered his face with kisses. Levi didn't respond at first as his mind was in another place, but quickly snapped out of his trance and kissed you on the lips, once.

Levi quickly pulled you off of him and set you down on the ground before sighing and softly smiling. His eyes holding back emotion from revealing the truth. You furrowed your eyebrows as you gave him a concerned look before snapping your head to the loud kettle.

"I made you some black tea,since you were coming home today."You said as you grabbed a cup out of the cupboard and set it on the table. Levi sat at the table as you grabbed a towel and grabbed the kettle off of the stove and poured the dark liquid into the cup.

Levi grabbed the glass after you were finished and blew on it softly before taking a sip. You smiled and set the kettle on the counter and pulled out a chair, sitting beside him.

"How was Europe? What country did you get to go to?"You asked him as you leaned on your elbows, watching his eyes look down to you.

'Why did I do that to her. She looks at me with so much adoration and I went away and cheated on her.' Levi's subconscious rang in his head as he continued to gulp down the hot liquid that was scorching his tongue.

'The sex wasn't that great either..'

"Ummm, I went to France."Levi filed with his words as he tried to make up an excuse. Your eyes glimmered as you heard about the city of love.