Chapter Two

Indiana Evans as Trinity Logsdon

Two-

"What the hell?" I look down to see a carseat. Yes, a carseat that holds babies in a car. There's a bundle of blankets on top of what I can only guess is a baby.

Looking out into our yard I notice a shit load of baby things. "Mom, Dad, come here."

"What the heck?! Who did this?!" Mom exclaims.

My eyes stay locked on the car seat. Under all the blankets, there's a baby. Who's baby? I have no idea.

"Was there anyone else?" Mom asks me, snapping my out of my haze.

I shake my head. "No one else was here."

Mom leans down and grabs the carseat, bringing it inside. "What do we do with the stuff?" I ask her.

"I guess just keep it out there for now." Mom moves the blankets away and picks up a baby. A little girl by the looks of things.

The baby starts crying. Mom bounces her. "There's a note. Colton, grab it."

I grab the folded piece of computer paper. "Should I read it?"

"Yes, I want to see who this cute little baby belongs to," Mom says in a baby voice. I open the letter.

Dear Colton. Are the first words.

"Read it out loud," Mom instructs. Shit, I'm in trouble.

"Dear Colton," I read and watch as all eyes go to me. "I know this may come as a shock to you, but you have a daughter. Her name is Skylar. She's ten months old, her birthday is March 16th. She's a very bright, bubbly little girl with your eyes. Honestly, you probably don't even remember me, but I remember you. I will always remember the time we spent together. Anyways, I'm sick. I'm too sick to take care of her anymore, so I want you to. I understand if you don't want her. A baby is a big responsibility. I have already given you full birthrights, so do what you want. I hope you do the right thing. Tell Skylar I love her so much and will miss her. Love always, Trinity."

I take in the words in front of me. "Who's Trinity?" Dad asks.

I shake my head. This has to be some kind of mistake. Skylar can't be mine. Ten months, plus another nine to ten would be close to twenty months, almost two years.

"Here's her birth certificate," Christian says, grabbing it from the seat. "Trinity Rose Logsdon is the mother."

I know exactly who she is. "Bro, your name's on here for the father." I snatch it from him. Skylar Rose Logsdon. My name's right there for father. She can't do that, can she? I didn't even know she was pregnant.

"Son, this is a very serious situation. Do you know a Trinity Logsdon?" Dad asks, arms crossed over his chest.

I nod. Mom and Dad share a look before Dad asks, "did you have a sexual relationship with this girl?"

Again, I nod. My parents share another look. "I met her two summers ago, at that all-summer lacrosse camp you guys sent me to." Dammit! How could I be so stupid?

"Do you know where she lives?" He asks.

I think back to that summer. It is one of my favorite summers because I met her. Her lacrosse skills are what attracted me at first. Once I got to know her I realized I liked everything about her. She was my first, and I was hers. It was awkward and fumbly and we laughed through it, and afterwards we both cried after exchanging I love you's. How could she think I forgot about her?