Chapter Nine

Nine-

Crystal comes back with the food twenty minutes after she left. She pulls up a chair and sits beside me. "Thanks," I tell her while grabbing my burger.

Trinity watches us with caution. Crystal seems to notice, because five minutes later she's texting me. Did you tell Trinity?

I can't tell if she's mad or not so I text back Yeah.

"My Dad's coming down to see Sky," Trinity says from her spot on the bed.

Her dad.

The guy that's probably pissed I got his daughter pregnant.

The guy that can probably beat me to a pulp.

I have to meet her father.

Crystal laughs from beside me. "Oh Lordy, he's sweating already."

I glare at her as Trinity starts speaking. "Why are you sweating."

"He is not good at first impressions," Crystal says, smiling my way. I know what she's thinking. The time we first met. And the time I first met her friends. And the time I first met her parents.

We met at the daycare that Chelsea goes to, Crystal was working there for the summer. The last day of summer I was the one who was stuck picking her up from daycare. Chelsea didn't want to go so I sat down in the chair beside her to talk some sense into her. When she began to laugh uncontrollably, along with the other kids at the table, I noticed the coldness on my bottom.

Just as I stood up Crystal walked into the room. Her eyes landed on my butt, not because she was checking me out, but because there was brown paint smeared all over my jeans, which made me look like I crapped my pants. It was mortifying, especially since I had recognized her from school.

We never really got talking until the party though, the one where I saw her crying over some asshole in the bathroom.

I didn't even notice Crystal had started speaking until I heard my name. "...and he spilled hot coffee all over my mom." Both girls burst into a fit of laughter and my cheeks redden.

"Ha-ha, very funny," I turn to Trinity, "the first time Crystal met my family, we were making out on the couch, her shirt was off, and my whole family comes through the front door."

It's Crystal's turn to blush. She's about to say something when the door opens and the whole room goes silent.

There stands a tall man with greying-brown hair and a pair of scrubs on. His dark green eyes land on his daughter and granddaughter on the bed and he smiles. He looks much less intimidating with a smile.

"Hi Daddy," Trinity says, smiling widely. Her dad comes over and gives her and Skylar a bear hug, Skylar stuck in the middle. God, I hope she can breathe.

The man pulls away first. His smile immediately fades when he sees me, a scowl replacing it. "You must be Colton."

Nodding, I say, "I'm Colton Daniel, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Logsdon." I shake his outstretched hand. My Dad taught me early on how to shake someone's hand properly.

"It's Dr.Logsdon," he says. Trinity groans.

"Dad, we talked about this. Be nice," Trinity says to her father. He seems to soften at her words.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I just don't understand how he could just leave you like that," he says like I'm not even in the room.

"With all due respect doctor, I didn't know she was pregnant." Things would definitely be different if I had. "I would have stayed if I did."