Chapter Fourteen

Fourteen-

For some reason I find myself surrounded by really smart people.

Like right now, I'm with a group of friends studying, and I don't know half the shit. I feel so dumb surrounded by them. I guess it's because my whole life I surrounded myself with jocks.

"Come on, you know this one," Maya says quietly since we're in the library.

"Yeah man, just remember what I said," Blake says, a little too loudly. The library shooshes us.

The thing is, I really don't know what he told me, despite him telling me no more than thirty minutes ago.

"I would have never passed that class if it weren't for Maya," Victoria says, kissing her on the cheek. Maya blushes at the PDA and pushes her reading glasses up her nose.

"Ooh, some girl on girl action. I dig it," Keith teases, making Maya blush harder.

Maya, Blake, and Keith all live in the apartment building with me. Maya has a three year old son named Josh, Blake and his fiancée, Anna, have a four year old daughter named Kylie, and Keith has two year old twin girls named Elizabeth and Isabella. They're awesome people, and the plus side is they know how hard it is being a parent, especially at a young age.

Maya is a nice girl who, at 18, got pregnant by the popular jock. According to Maya his mom forced him to go to boarding school in France. She's in her second year here, and she met Victoria last year. They instantly clicked and have been dating for almost a year now. Maya says she has never been this happy.

Blake and his fiancée were the Golden Couple in high school, having started dating freshman year. This is their last year and they had Kylie at 18, right after they graduated. They're supposed to be getting married soon, though they haven't set an exact date. Sometime after they graduate I think.

Keith got a girl pregnant at 17, the girl only 15. He's not the kind of guy to just leave, so they started dating. He told me he had an emotional connection to her since they were having not one, but two babies together, but he never truly loved her, which is something he feels terrible about since he took her virginity and all. There was complications with the birth and she died a few months after giving birth, leaving Keith a single dad of two gorgeous little girls.

"Gah, I have to go, complications with the babysitter," Maya says, packing up her stuff.

Victoria stops her. "Don't worry sugar, I got him." Maya gives her a grateful smile and Victoria leaves. Maya watches her as she walks out of sight.

"You two make me want to throw up," Keith mutters, which is true. They're like that perfect couple you wish you were. Even though they're, like, complete opposites, you can see how much they love each other.

My heart aches at the thought of love. I haven't talked to Crystal at all in the two months I've been gone. Mom and Dad came to visit with my baby like they said they would, so now I have something to drive around campus.

"I heard Professor Bing is banging that Japanese exchange student," Blake says, "Landon said he saw them in his office."

I almost gag at the thought. Mr.Bing is almost 50 years old, grey and wrinkly.

"I hope he gets fired, he's always groping me when I'm near." Maya shivers at the memories.

I would like to say I've never even thought about banging a teacher, but that would be a lie. There was my 6th grade math teacher who I would always raise my hand for and ask questions so she'd have to lean over. She always had low cut shirts so I could see her cleavage. On the last day of school she gave me a hug and her breasts pushed up against my face.