Chapter Twenty

Crystal POV-

My mom, Colton's mom, my cousin Alice and Haley, my best friend, Piper, my other friend, Justin, Skylar, and Olivia are all here with me today to pick out my dress.

With five months until the wedding I'm short on time to find the perfect dress, but I'm determined.

"Hi, I'm Fiona and I'll be helping you today," an older lady says when we walk into the bridal shop. She offers us champagne and we all take some. "Who do you have with you today?"

"Um, my mom, my future mother-in-law, my maid of honor Piper, bridesmaids Alice and Haley, bridesman Justin, groomaid Olivia, and my future stepdaughter, Skylar."

Fiona shakes hands with everyone. "Now, what kind of things are you looking for in a dress?"

"I like vintage, and the whole wedding will be kind of vintage-y. There's no real preference for straps or no-straps, lacy maybe?" I haven't really thought about it, I'm just planning on finding the perfect dress.

In total I try on five dresses. I completely fall in love with the fifth dress. It's vintage and form fitting and has a cute bow in the front around the waist. When Fiona adds a veil I start to cry. It's all so real.

"Honey, you look gorgeous," Mrs.Daniel says, tears of her own threatening to spill.

I smile at her and the many other praises I get. "So, does that mean this is the dress?" Fiona asks me.

I nod and do a little twirl. I can't believe I'm marrying the love of my life, my other half, my soul mate. He's everything I could ever ask for in a guy and more. Skylar is an added bonus, and the way he is with her melts my heart. I can't wait to carry his babies.

Skylar, and everyone else, approves of my dress which makes it official. I feel giddy as I'm driving back to the apartment where Colton surely will be. His appointment for his tux finished an hour ago. Mhm, I bet he looks scrumptious in that.

At the door I notice it's locked, which is odd because Colton never locks the front door when he's home. I use my key to get in and freeze at the sight of clothes scattered on the floor.

I focus on my breathing as I walk down the hallway, my heart breaking even more as I get closer to the bedroom. I'm trying not to assume things but it's hard not to when you can hear the moaning.

Colton wouldn't do that. Would he?

Of course not. He loves me. We're getting married in five months.

Taking a deep breath, I open the bedroom door, eyes screwed shut. A female screech can be heard from a mile away, and a groan coming from a man. I open my eyes and almost cry in relief when I see who's in the bed.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Anna says, rushing to get some clothes on. Blake doesn't seem to mind my sudden presence.

"What are you all doing here?" I ask. I can't be mad when I'm this happy. I knew Colton wouldn't do anything, he's faithful and hates cheaters.

"Our apartment is being sprayed for bugs. Colton said we could crash here for a while," Blake explains, finally putting on some boxers.

"Where's Kylie?" I ask, noticing the lack of talking. That kid can talk a mile a minute.

"With my parents. We needed a break," Anna says, sounding exhausted. I place a hand over my stomach, wondering about the future. Does Colton want more kids? How soon will he want them? I do think of Skylar as my own, but it would be nice to go through the experience of pregnancy along with motherhood. I do want to have one soon so Skylar can have a little playmate. It gets awfully lonely being an only child, and siblings aren't as close when they're ages are further apart.