Chapter 2: Moment Of Truth

"Addie, I have to tell you something....."
"Ok?..."
"I don't think this should be a thing. It's just.......not very serious anymore. I'm sorry."
"It's ok. Can we still be friends?"
"Of course. That's what I want."

They hugged and Derek went inside while Addie went home.

Derek's POV

I like Meredith. That's all I really have to say. She might like me back but I don't know. Addie and I were always better as friends.
The only thing left to do is talk to Mer.

I walk inside and Mer is setting the table.

"Hey, Mer?"
"Yeah?"
"Can we talk?"
"Yeah sure."

We walk to my room and I start talking.

"Ok. This is sudden. And awkward. And I understand if you don't want to or feel the same. But I broke up with Addie. I like you Meredith. I love you. And I really want to-."

She kissed me. I stand shocked for a split second then I return the kiss.

We pull apart.

"So I'm guessing that is a yes?"
"Yes."

We walk out smiling but we quickly compose ourselves.

At dinner, I start saying; "I broke up with Addie."

"Awe. Why?" Mom asked.

"We were better as friends."

"And he has a giant crush on Mer." Mark added.

Mer looks down to hide her embarrassment that shows through the red tent on her face.

"Mark!"

"Please. Everyone knows it."

"He has a point, son." Dad added.

"Actually, I don't have a crush on her since we are dating." I direct towards Mark.

"What?!" Mom says, very excited.

Mer looks up and smiles.

After dinner, Mer and I go get ready for bed. She showers and I brush my hair and teeth.

We then switch places.

Soon, we go to bed. She has always shared a room with me and Mark..kind of. Her room was attached to ours but we all had separate rooms. There were doors that's separated us, but you had to go through marks room to get to ours. That probably makes no since though.

I kiss Mer goodnight and go to my room.

Week later

Everyone knew about me and Mer. Addie was happy for us.

Me and our friends start walking to the gas station.

Across the store, we see Rose. Addie used to be friends with Rose until we got together. Rose always had a crush on me but she was a total pain.

"Well, if it isn't the girl who stole my best friend's boyfriend."

"Back off Rose." Addie says.

"Why? You upset I'll take him?"

"No. 'Cause I don't like you." I say.

"Oh really?" She started to stroke my hair but I grab her hand and slap her with it.

"C'mon Mer."

We all walk out and I hold Mer's hand.
"Sorry, Mer." Addie says.

"It's ok. I'm not worried about her."

"I would be. She almost killed me before." Izzie said.

"Who cares? She is just a jealous bitch. Like I said, I'm not scared." Mer added.

We went home and stayed in the shed for a bit before everyone had to go home. Me and Mer went inside with Mark. We all ate dinner and headed upstairs. I walk into Mer's room to kiss her goodnight.

Mer's POV

Derek came into my room and kissed me. The kiss quickly got heated. He started to kiss down my neck and I think you know how it went from there.

A while later, we both plopped down to the side out of breath.

"Thank you..." I said panting.

"Thank you." He said emphasizing the last word.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We fell asleep in each other's arms.

To be continued.....