19. "Who is it?"

A month before graduation, Julian, Victoria and I sat at the cafeteria during lunch talking about prom and what could be in store for us during the summer. Marcus was sick so Tori decided to go visit him right after school. Julian and I arrived at my house to find it empty. Tom was picking Alejandra from school now that mom agreed to marry him. Yes, mom agreed to marry Tom. He was practically jumping around the house when he told us she said yes.

“Are your mom or Tom home?” I turned around to look at Julian. He shut the door before looking at me. I shook my head. “Do you think we can? You know…”

“Uh, I don’t know. Isn’t it supposed to happen?” He raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“I was talking about taking a nap in your room. What were you thinking?” My jaw dropped. Why did I think that? Julian wasn’t like that. “Oh Cal!”

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean that.” He began laughing as I placed my hands on top of my head. “Don’t laugh.”

“Calm down babe.” I took a deep breath before looking down at my feet. I felt a pair of fingers on my chin as they made me look up. “Babe, I don’t think your house would be a good place to do that.”

“Okay. I shouldn’t be asking but why not?” His fingers left my chin as he leant closer. His lips brushed against my ear.

“If we get to do it sometime I want it to be someplace special.” I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from me as I laughed.

“You’re crazy.” He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer. His lips collided with mine making me smile. I kissed back quickly before pulling away. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“Because I love you.” The smile on face faded as did Julian’s. I gently pushed him away from me making him stare at me weirdly. “Did I say something wrong?”

“You said you love me.” He didn’t seem to get the message until his lips formed an o.

“I didn’t know it would bother you but I do love you Calli. It’s been like, what, six months since we started dating. You are amazing and I love you.” I couldn’t help but give him a shy smile as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “I don’t expect a quick answer. I just thought I’d let you know.”

“Thank you, for everything.” I stepped closer and kissed him. As I pulled away, the front door opened revealing Tom and Ale. “Hey! What you got there?”

“Oh! This?” He held up an envelope in his hand. I thought I was going crazy when I saw the name on it. University of Miami. “This is some weird letter I found in the mailbox. Let’s throw it away!”

“No!” I quickly approached him and snatched the envelope from him to open it. I opened it and began to read. I stopped right at the beginning before looking up. My sister, boyfriend and future stepdad gave me weird looks. “This is the letter from the university! Duh!”

“Read it!” Alejandra wrapped her arms around my waist making me smile. I began to read the date and such, constantly nodding as I read.

…we’re glad to inform you about your acceptance at the University of Miami in Florida. The scholarship program had been delighted with your high grades and had decided to provide full scholarship, including studies, materials and home due to your amazing abilities in writing plus public speaking abilities. We’ll be more than happy to receive you by the end of August to fill out some papers and get settled.

Until then,

Admission Committee of the University of Miami

“I got in.” I held the letter in the air as I looked down at my sister. “I got in Ale! I got in!”