01. "He left his family."

Just like any other night, I sat on my bedroom floor, drawing on my wall. I used the only pencil I had at the moment as I traced a curve line to complete the sun on my wall. My mum would've killed me if she knew but she knew about the wall. she knew about me drawing on it.

"Callie?" I looked away from my wall to see my little sister sneaking through the door. Looking over at the clock on my bedside table, I notice it's almost midnight.

"What are you doing here?" She quietly shut the door and walked over to where I was sitting.

"I can't sleep." I sighed and patted the spot next to me. She sat down and crossed her legs in front of her. "What are you doing?"

"Drawing. I can't sleep either." She shook her head while giggling.

"You're always drawing." I rolled my eyes.

"And you're always getting in my business." She rolled her eyes, making me laugh. I stopped as soon as I remembered mom was asleep.

"Can I ask you something Callie?" I nodded. "Where's dad?"

"Honestly? I don't know Ale." I noticed a pout form on her lips and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "I wish I knew some times."

"Why some times?" I looked down at her and kissed her forehead.

"He did something bad. He left his family for work." She nodded.

"Family is more important than work and school." I chuckled. My sister was smart for her age. She knew better than I did some times.

"Family is more important. That's why mom, you and I stayed here. We have to be together." She smiled to herself while staring at the wall.

"What do you remember about dad?" I sighed and looked away from the wall in front of me. The memories came flooding back.

It was spring, dad's favorite season. He loved going to the park every Sunday. I was seven but being me, I enjoyed holding my parents' hands every time we went out. Mom held my left hand as her free hand rested on her bump. I remember being happy once she told me she was expecting a baby but I was even more excited when she mentioned it was a girl.

"Alright girls, what shall we do?" I looked at my dad as he looked around us. The swings were empty as the kids were focused on the newest attraction at the park.

"I say we get some ice cream." I laugh at mom's request. She had cravings. She always asked for ice cream, pizza or cookies.

"You can't eat ice cream Janice." My dad's tone was stern. My mom's smile turned into a pout making me laugh. "I'm trying to be serious Callie."

"I can't." They laughed with me when I noticed my mom's laugh stop. I looked over at her. She was clutching her stomach as I noticed her pants were wet. "Mom?"

"Your mom's going to be okay Callie. Let's get her to the car." My dad handed me the keys to his car as he picked up my mom.

*

Two hours later, I found myself sitting at the waiting room by myself. My dad had gone to the delivery room with my mom as she was about to give birth to my little sister. I played with the ends of my black hair as I waited for someone to come out and tell me my mom and sister were okay.

"Callie?" I looked up from my lap to see my dad sitting next to me.

"How's mom?" A smile crept on his face and I couldn't help but smile in return. My dad had a smile that could light up a whole room.

"She's more than fine. Your little sister is getting some tests done to see if she's okay." He reached out his hand and grabbed mine. "She reminds me a lot of you Callie."

"Really?" He nodded.

"I hope she becomes like you." I chuckled. My little sister would be nothing like me.

"But better." My dad nodded and kissed the top of my head. "When can we see them?"

"In a few minutes." I smiled at dad and sat there waiting. We talked about my little sister and how beautiful she looked. My dad told me she looked a lot like my mom.

"Family of Janice Johnson?" Dad and I looked up to see the doctor holding a folder close to his chest. "You can see her and the baby now."

"Let's go sweetheart." Dad and I stood up and followed the doctor. I somehow felt like I was going nuts as I stared at the walls. They were white. I hated white at the age of seven.

We arrived at the hospital that mom had been assigned. My dad opened the door for me and I entered quietly. My mom looked even more beautiful at the moment as she held my little sister in her arms. I rushed over to the bed and stood beside it.

"Is that her?" My mom looked up with a smile on her face. She nodded. I stared at the baby in front of me. Her eyes were closed as her little hands rested on her chest. I smiled and reached out to touch her but stopped. "Can I touch her mom?"

"Sure. Just be careful." I nodded. I ran my thumb across her cheek.

"She's very pretty mom." I heard mum chuckle.

"Do you want to pick a name?" I looked at my mom surprised at her request. "We made a deal."

"Um, what should we name you?" I smiled. My mom once mentioned that I could pick my little sister or brother's name if it was a girl. "She looks like Alejandra."

"Alejandra?" I giggle and looked down at my sister.

"Yes. Alejandra." Just as I finished speaking my little sister's eyes opened. "Welcome to the world, Alejandra Johnson."

"Dad was the best, Ale. He always had a joke to make you laugh, he always cooked dinner. He just changed." Alejandra nodded and looked down at her lap.

"I wish I could've met him before he left." I wrapped my other arm around her and pulled her closer.

"Me too Ale. Me too." I rubbed her arm trying to make her feel safe. We stayed up for another hour just talking about random stuff.

This is a filter. I'm almost finished with this fanfiction as I'm writing it on my computer and saving it. I hope eveyrone enjoys. Please vote, comment or recommend this! This is my first Austin Mahone fan fiction and I can't wait to share the rest with you guys!

xoxo,

Adriana