10. "I honestly don't know how it happened."

Friday school was a chaos. The girls that talked about Austin Mahone being missing were talking about him all day. Apparently his mom had announced that Austin was fine. That’s what I heard during the morning. And Austin was still at my house. My mom managed to get some tests done and took them to work with her. Austin was healthy and thankfully they didn’t give him anything to damage his body.

“Loca!”  I turned away from locker to see Tori and Marcus running towards my direction. They stopped in front of me, taking deep breaths. “We got a problem.”

“Is this about the project?” They nodded. I sighed in relief. “What’s wrong?”

“We didn’t get the pictures.” I shook my head and shut my locker.

“I have a video. I think we can use it.” They both sighed. I laughed at them.

My friends were an essential part in my life. Victoria was the friend I could talk to about anything and everything. She was the next sister I wanted to have although my mom said once that my father started his own family and there were possibly kids. Marcus on the other side was the friend I could go to if I needed to smile. Those were my friends.

“So Victoria mentioned you called Austin’s family?” I turned to look at Marcus and nodded. Victoria had left us. Like always.

“Yes. Tori and I are heading to some Starbucks tomorrow to meet up with his mom.” Marcus stayed silent as if knowing what I was going to say next. “I’m really scared.”

“Why?” I looked down at my feet.

“What if he doesn’t want to go back? I don’t want his family thinking that I brainwashed him so he didn’t want to go back.” I looked up at Marcus. He sighed before opening his arms. As if I knew what he was doing I stepped into his embrace and wrapped my arms around his torso.

“None of that will happen. You said so yourself, Austin is worried about what that girl might do.” I nodded my head against his chest.

“He’s very nice Marcus. How could someone go crazy when you’re trying to get back with them?” I pulled away from Marcus and looked up at him.

“I have no idea but come on. We have to get lunch.” I wrapped my arm around his torso and followed him to the cafeteria.

*

Later after school, I found myself in the kitchen with my mom. Ale was at the living room studying while we made dinner. Austin was in the shower. He wanted to be clean for dinner so he asked for a towel. Mom found him some clothes he could wear and he gladly took them.

“Are you sure about tomorrow Calli?” I looked up from the rice I’d been cooking. My mom stared at me as she placed a knife on the counter.

“I guess so. His mom really misses him.” She nodded. “I think I’m going to miss him too. I’ve gotten used to having him here.”

“He’s very nice.” We turned to look at Alejandra. She walked over to the counter and grabbed the silvery to set up the table.

“He’s a very good kid. Let’s hope he continues his career.” Ale and I smiled at each other. Mom and Austin had gotten really close. They were like the best of friends.

We finished dinner and I headed upstairs to get Austin. He took a while to shower. I knocked on the bathroom door and it opened after a few seconds. Austin’s head peeked through the door with a worried look on his face.

“Are you okay?” He looked down at the tile floor before looking up at me again.

“I’m trying to find myself.” I tilted my head to side as I was confused. “I can’t remember being famous.”