Here Comes The Killer

Enjoy!

Ashton on the side.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Marcia

I woke up early on Monday morning and took a shower. After my shower I changed into warm clothes and headed out the door.

"Marcia, wait!" My uncle called after me.

I stopped on my tracks and glanced at him. "Do you want me to return your things?" He asked me with a serious face.

"Yes please. Just leave the things with my aunt." I told him with a smile.

"Sure thing." He responded and walked back inside.

I walked towards the end of his street and waited for the bus. After a few minutes, I saw it neering and got my money ready. I got on the bus, paid the driver and took a seat towards the back. I arrived at school an hour later, just on time.

I mindlessly walked towards the art building but stopped on my tracks when I saw four white sedans parked around campus. I continued walking between other students and reached for my phone. Then I remembered I had ruined it when I had jumped in the pool.

I continued walking until I reached the painting studio. I saw a couple of guards from my visit at Ashton's house and I pulled my hood lower. I slipped into the room when they were distracted and walked towards my work area.

I heard someone pull the chair next to me and sat down. "Where were you? We looked for you all of sunday." Aden whisper yelled.

"I was with my uncle and Xavier." I responded and he relaxed on his seat.

"Well while you were fine, we had a very angry mafia leader breathing down our necks. He made his people check all around town until they found you. But to his disappointment, we didn't find any trace. He stayed at your house hoping you would show up, the day turned to night and you never returned. And today he has his puppets littered all around the state looking for you." He informed me glancing at the door.

"Well they're doing a terrible job because I managed to pass a dozen of them without being noticed." I told him with a frown.

"Marcia." I heard Ashton's voice right next to me making me jump in my seat. Crap, they did notice me.

I stiffened and my eyes widened just a small fraction. I glanced up at him and played with my fingers underneath the table.

"Yes?" I asked sarcastically.

"Where were you yesterday?" He asked me irritated.

"I left in the morning and spent the day with my uncle." I responded glancing up at him with a smile on my face.

My stomach dropped when I took him in. His hair was disheveled and his clothes were crumpled. He looked tired and had bags under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't slept in a few days.

"Couldn't you have called?" He asked me a bit angry.

"My phone is broken and I didn't want to talk to my mom until I cooled off." I responded. "You look terrible." I mumbled but by the look he gave me, I knew he had heard me.

"Don't ever run off like that and not inform anyone of your whereabouts." He told me frustrated.

"Well that beats the purpose doesn't it?" I responded. "I needed time alone to think and wrap my head around the things I wasn't told for the past ten years. I'm sorry for being selfish and not telling you of my whereabouts." I continued sarcastically, wanting to cut the conversation.