The Auction

Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Marcia

"Thanks Michael." I smiled at my cousin who simply ignored me. He dropped me off across the art builing and I quickly made my way to the crosswalk. Not a morning person I guess.

I recognized one of the men from yesterday making his way towards me. I quickened my pace and managed to put people in between us. The man began to jog towards me and I sprinted towards the art building. I looked back to see if he was still following me but he had stopped dead on his tracks.

I turned around and bumped into a hard body. "I'm so sorry!" I blurted out, grabbing my belongings. I looked up to find the other man from yesterday, I took that as my cue to leave and ran towards the art building.

I was panting when I made it into the studio. Walking towards the window I saw them get into the sedan and keep watch.

I went out of the room and waited for Aden to arrive. "Ready?" He asked me and I nodded.  We walked towards the ceramics room to start on our new projects. After a couple of hours of being in there I got very discouraged with my piece.

"Can you help me put up my piece in the gallery?" I asked Aden, being inside the small room made me feel like I was suffocating.

"Yeah, I'm completely out of it right now." He responded and got up from his stool.

We walked towards the painting studio and he picked up my delicate piece. We took it towards the gallery and I opened the door for him. He sat the piece down on a bench near the section my piece went on. I checked to see if the hooks were already up and beckoned Aden over.

He slowly placed the piece high up on the hooks. "Right there. That's perfect." I told him with a smile. I placed the description plaque along with the name plaque and traced the words definition of beauty.

"Thank you for the help Aden." I said a couple seconds after I admired my painting.

"You're welcome, wanna go get something to eat?" I nodded and then halted.

"Where's your piece?" I asked him with a teasing smile.

"Its over there." He pointed towards the back with a frown.

I started laughing uncontrollably after I saw it. "I'm sorry." I muttered after I regained my breath.

"Shut up, it looked better in my head. I didn't know it was going to look like a cross between a chicken and a dog." He ranted the frown deepening on his face.

"Come on." I pulled him out of the gallery before he started sulking. His piece was just something else, he had even hoped it would've exploded in the kiln but he didn't have that much luck.

We made our way to the main campus and arrived at the food court. We ordered some food and sat on a small table. I glanced around and noticed one of the stalkers from this morning staring at me. I didn't panic because I felt safe around Aden and all the students.

"Hey sluts." I heard our friend Michelle say before she sat on a chair next to me.

"Hi." Aden replied with a mouthful of food.

"Disgusting, anyways I came to ask you what you're wearing for the show tonight." She stated more than asked.

I chewed on my food trying to not respond to her, when Aden responded with a serious face. "I'm wearing a cute red dress, what about you?" He asked sarcastically and I began to choke on my food.

I saw the stalker get up from his chair and walk towards our direction. I grabbed my water bottle and took huge gulps trying to unblock my throat.