Stranger

Ashton up on top!

Marcia

I watched as  Ashton talked with his father, serious expressions on their faces.

"We don't know how to attack, honestly." I heard Ashton say and I frowned. Attack who?

"Send me in, I can tail them and find where they're hiding. You just get everyone ready and I'll tell you when to bring them down." Ashton nodded at Michelle's words and sighted.

"For now we need to stay on the down low and I need for Marcia to rest and recover." Ashton said while glancing at me.

I blushed and picked up my dirty plate, I walked towards the sink and noticed that we were left alone. I washed the few dishes that were in the sink and dried my hands.

"Go on to bed, I'll be with you in a couple of hours." Ashton told me and I could notice something was bothering him.

I grabbed his hand and walked towards the couch. I sat across from him and glanced at his hardened face. "Tell me what you're feeling, please. I know there's something bothering you." I told him with a frown.

"I'm just angry that I can't protect you all the time, Landon is gone and I feel completely lonely. I know I have you by my side but I just don't know what to do at this point. I just can't explain to you what I'm feeling." Ashton groaned and I grabbed his hand.

"Whatever you may need to overcome just remember that I'm here for you." I told him with a small smile.

He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I watched as he went to his office and I walked to my room. I found my sketchbook on a shelf and started doodling random sketches. An hour in I noticed it was a well detailed portrait of Ashton from our flight to Chase's wedding.

I remembered the trip we had almost a week ago and frowned. Something changed during those days, something changed within Ashton, myself included.

I sighted and closes my eyes, the more I gave it thought, the more lost I was. I drifted off and went into a dreamless state. I woke up to lips on my forehead and Ashton standing over me. It was still dark out and the clock beside me read three a.m.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as soon as I noticed his worried expression.

"Go back to sleep, Michelle will explain in the morning." He mumbled while he gave me a lingering kiss on the lips.

"Ashton what's going on?" I asked him as he removed his gun from himself and placed it on the bedside table.

He didn't respond and I followed right after him ignoring the burning sensation on my body. I watched as he opened the door and placed his hands on the back of his head. Three armed men rushed in the house and pointed their guns at me. I stepped forward and rushed towards Ashton.

"What's going on?" I asked once he was handcuffed and I got stopped from getting closer.

"He's under arrest for the murder of Ricky Lano and Gabriel Lano." One man stated as they took him outside.

I stared horrified as he was taken into a black SUV, what the hell was going on. "Don't wait up sweetheart, he won't be coming back for a while." One man stated, a smirk on his face.

"Fuck off and get off my property." His smirk was instantly off his face and he immediately rushed towards the SUV.

"Your call Mrs. Ferrer, we can intercept them and stop them from taking him." One of the guards told me and I shook my head.