New Beginnings

Enjoy!

Marcia

I could feel how the music made the table shake in the ballroom. My feet were swollen and I had long discarded my heels. I put my hand over my small bump and sighed stretching my legs under the table.

From the shadows I watched as Denise danced with her friends, now and then holding her heavy dress up. Nonetheless she looked happy and that's what mattered.

The six months of planning her fifteen birthday payed off, even if at times I wanted to just give up. It was a lot of work and too little time to plan. Denise sadly did not have an affinity for dancing, thus it took her months to learn a simple waltz.

But she managed to pull it off after months of practicing. I continued watching the party around me and I noticed Karina and Nina dancing with my brother and Landon. Andreas carried around Matty, who didn't have enough with all of the attention he was receiving.

I felt warm hands settle over me, and I tilted my head to see my handsome husband already watching me with a smile. "You looked a bit lonely so I decided to accompany you."

My lips pulled into a smile and I patted the seat next to me, as soon as he sat down I got up. "I don't see Lily, where's Lily." I spun around looking to see where I could find her.

Ashton squeezed my hand and pointed towards the middle of the dance floor where she was dancing around like crazy. She was with four other kids who rivaled her moves.

I sighted and sat back down. "There's only an hour left, do you want to go up to a room or do you want to stay here?" Ashton asked me over the loud music.

"I want to stay here, I'm taking in every moment. There's still one more thing to be done remember?" Ashton looked at me confused for a few minutes until he realized what I meant.

"Come on put on your shoes and let's go to the Dj." I put on my heels, my feet basically begging me not to.

Ashton asked for a microphone and the music was brought down. "Thank you all for coming and accompanying my wife and I celebrate our daughter's birthday. The party is not over yet we just have one last surprise for Denise. If you could all follow us outside." Ashton returned the microphone and was the first one to walk outside.

I rushed to grab Lily while Ashton grabbed Matty on his way out. Denise came out of the ballroom accompanied by Nina and Karina. The few guests that were still present also joined us outside.

Under a tarp was a car that Ashton had bought but Lily chose. They had been so secretive even I didn't know what kind if model it was. Dylan pulled the tarp and under it was a red volkswagen convertible beetle.

As soon as Denise approached it she started jumping up and down. "Dad thank you so much, I don't know what else to say. Really thank you!" Denise embraced Ashton and then turned towards me.

"But I can't drive yet mom..." She trailed off glancing at the car.

"Don't worry, Dylan is officially driving you to school until you get your license." Her sad face only brighted a little and Dylan's jaw dropped.

"Hey I didn't agree to that part! I can't drive that car around, come on." Dylan protested while Karina dragged him back inside.

We made our way back after a few pictures and once inside Denise approached me. "Mom wait!"

Before I could turn Denise grabbed me in a tight hug. "Thank you so much for all you have done for me and all of us. You helped us all get a home including the other kids. Thanks to your effort we had a second chance and have a bigger chance to succeed. I love you so much! You give us what you can and more and I can't thank you enough." She rushed out.

I didn't know I was crying until after her hands softly brushed against my cheeks. "I have to thank you. You including your siblings make me whole. At the time you guys came along, I needed you as much as you needed me." I hugged her tighter and gently let her go.

I glanced at my watch and returned my stare towards her. "Now go and enjoy the last thirty minutes of your party, I'm gonna go back to that comfy chair my feet are killing me." She nodded and rushed off towards her friends.

When I approached the table I found Lily sleeping on a couple of chairs and covered by Ashton's suit jacket. I sat down and placed her head on my lap. She didn't even feel it, she had been up and running around since six in the morning. I raised her arm and let it go making her hit herself on the face.

"Oh shit." I glanced around and started laughing. My laugh died in my throat when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything that's happened and finally we can find time to just take it all in and breathe. I love you and the kids so much." Ashton brushed his lips against my cheek and I met him halfway for a kiss.

"I know, despite everything, I wouldn't change anything for the world just so we could have this moment. I love you Ashton" He squeezed my shoulder and handed me a sleeping Matty.

In that moment I knew, this was what I had been waiting for. Not my toxic parents or anyone could take this away from me. If I had survived this long I could survive anything thrown my way. My family friends and Ashton made it all worth it.

**************************

I've been gone for a while, so sorry. And finally the app didn't freeze so I was able to update. I will probably write another chapter, tell me on the comments what you guys want it to be about! Thanks.

Please vote and comment!!