Approval

Enjoy!

********************
Marcia

I heard Chase swear under his breath and glanced at me. "It's fine if you two don't want to get involved. We can wait for him when he leaves the state-"

"Or you can deal with him now." Ashton cut him off.

I glanced at him and nodded. I knew he had just married my cousin but he was a threat. From the things Aden had informed me, my family didn't deal with things of that nature. My father had it completely off limits, and with the marriage, Christian was now part of our family.

Chase glanced at me and I took a deep breath. "I may be married to Ashton, but I'm still part of that family." Ashton nodded at my words and I continued. "It is strictly prohibited to participate in those businesses in our family. This is the exact reason." I told him with a straight face.

"I don't want anyone from her family to be hurt. You can detain him whenever you want. Just inform me when you're in my territory so you won't be targeted." Ashton told Chase and dissmissed him with a hand shake.

Chase made his way to the door and stopped dead on his tracks. "One more thing." He blurted out and took something from his pants pocket.

From the corner of my eye I saw Landon grasp his gun. He moved his hand away when Chase pulled out a card. When he got closer I noticed it was a royal blue invitation card. "I'm getting married on Saturday, this would be a good opportunity for us to gain your trust." Chase said while handing me the card, and moments later he was out the room.

"Didn't think someone like him had a heart." Landon muttered and Ashton laughed. I raised an eyebrow, seconds earlier he was on the brink of constipation because of three men and now he was all carefree.

I heard them share a couple of more jokes until Michelle walked in. "Who were the eye candy that were parading out of here?" She asked me, pointing behind her.

"Some guys from Black Hawk." Landon told her with a serious face and I saw her frown.

"Anyway Sasquatch, can you help me with my bike?" I heard Landon groan but he followed her out nonetheless.

I closed the door and faced Ashton with a questioning look. "What?" He asked me with a frown.

"What is my self portrait doing in your office?" I asked him while folding my arms across my chest.

"I bought it." He responded nonchalantly.

"Uh, no you didn't. It was Landon..." I went quiet after I remembered seeing Ashton at the gallery.

"You were there!" I blurted out with wide eyes.

"Yeah, Michelle informed me about the exhibition and I decided to attend. I went around and bought many pieces including yours along with the chicken dog." He responded with a teasing smile.

I tried to keep from laughing but my body betrayed me. "Why would you put the piece in your office?" I asked Ashton once I was composed.

"I like it in here, whenever I'm having a stressful day I like to look at it." Ashton responded while glancing at my portrait.

"Oh." I responded awkwardly, truthfully that wasn't the answer I was expecting.

George came in the room and told Ashton something. Ashton's face turned serious and I saw his carefree personality vanish from his form.

"Marcia, excuse me I have some things to take care of." I nodded and Ashton walked out his office followed by George.

I gave one last lingering look at my portrait and walked towards my room. I pulled open a drawer and took out the check for my piece. I turned it around and wrote a small note.