Family

Enjoy!

********************

Marcia

One month later.

I walked around the house looking for Ashton. "Ashton!" I yelled out his name once again.

I followed the path of the stuffed animals and toys, putting most of them away, while I followed the giggles.

I took a deep breath and opened the door to find the kitchen in chaos. There was flour all over the floor and counter. It seemed the blender was used and for some reason small chunks of fruit were over the counter.

Matty was in his diaper being fed by Denise, one of the girls from the orphanage that we had adopted. To their right, Lily another of the girls, was decorating cupcakes with Ashton.

I felt like one of my veins was ready to burst. I had given Ashton strict instructions to wake the girls up and ask them to shower. And then give Matty the bottle I had already prepared for him.

"Ashton." I called out with a sarcastic smile.

He immediately stopped giggling and his eyes widened. They all looked at each other and tried to make a run for the door but I stood in their path.

"You were all supposed to be ready by now. We are supposed to meet your uncles at the amusement park in two hours." I trailed off as my eyes, once again, found a sticky Matty.

"Clean this mess up and then go get ready. I'll make breakfast to go."

After giving a bath to Matty, I put him in his high chair with a soft toy. Lily and Denise rushed downstairs with their bags packed.

I asked Denise to roll Matty's stroller outside to the car while I finished the breakfast smoothies. Once Ashton came into the kitchen and started packing our breakfast, Lily approached me.

"Ma can you fix my hair?" She asked me while clutching a hair tie and a hair brush.

"Yes, hop on." I told her while I dragged a chair from the kitchen island.

I brushed her semi wet hair out and placed it in a loose braid. I gave her a kiss on the top of her head and patted her on the shoulder.

"Go grab your hoodie and meet me outside." I told her and Lily quickly snapped her eyes at me.

"But it's not even cold outside!" She rushed out and hopped off the chair.

"But it will be cold at the park, trust me." I told her with sigh and she groaned.

She stormed out of the kitchen and towards the coat closet. She grabbed her back pack and sweater, quickly rushing outside. I made sure I had Matty's bag and the extra bag I carried around for Denise and Lily.

"Let's go." I told Ashton with a sigh and picked up baby Matty.

We walked outside were the girls were waiting, Denise was reading a book on her phone while Lily played a math game on Ashton's tablet. I placed Matty in his car seat and covered him with a thin blanket. I carried the bags to the back and say them next to the stroller. After placing everything at the back I rushed to the front.

I handed the girls their smoothies and each a blueberry waffle. Ashton started the car and played soft music.

After an hour of arguments of who got to choose the music, two diaper changes and a spill in the car, we made it to the amusement park. I made sure the girls were wearing their bracelets with the trackers and then let them run off to their uncles.

We ended up buying a season pass for everyone, and finally made it in after twenty minutes of waiting. "Ma, I'm cold." I heard Lily tell me as soon as we walked to the first ride.