Betrayal

I took longer than I intended on updating this story. Sorry about that, enjoy!

Marcia

My mouth went dry at the sight before me, I couldn't believe my eyes. Anger quickly took over me, he had tried to harm my family. Friend or not, he needed to pay for what he did.

Aden currently had a gun shoved in Landon's mouth and I could feel the tense atmosphere all around me. I tried not to freak out when I saw Denise behind Aden. Luckily Lily was behind my brother, safe.

I saw my opportunity to distract him and hope she would get away. "Aden, why are you doing this to us?" I questioned him, trying to not glance behind him. I clutched Matty as close as possible to my chest, who was completely engrossed on the design on my clothes.

"Isn't it obvious? I want what I have been denied." He responded pulling Landon's hair. Landon cried out and I saw my brother take a step forward.

"Take another step and I'll blow his brains out. I suggest you stay where you are." Aden called out to my brother and I took a deep breath.

I could feel myself panicking by every second that passed by. "What do you mean, what has been denied to you?" I asked him confused.

"All of this, a spot in the family, it should've been me the one who should be second. Not this." He emphasized this by pulling on Landon's hair. "If everything would've gone my way, half of you would've been dead by now and the only one in my way would've been Landon. I could've been in charge by now!"

I watched as Denise reached under the coffee table, where my brother hid a couple of weapons. She reached for a small knife and hid it inside her sleeve. She hid behind Aden and waited.

"I've been taking care of you all of this time and this is how I'm repaid? By taking care of your brother's whore!" Aden yelled out shoving the gun deeper and making Landon gag.

"Aden please think of the children." I begged him and he shook his head.

"Fuck your kids! And this whole damn family!" Aden seethed and I could see his words only angered everyone in the room, including Denise.

"I'm going to take charge of this family and I'm fixing what your brother has done. Why the fuck did he think going legal was good for us? We don't have an advantage over the other houses this way, they are stepping over us like we're nothing. We could be making double the profit with stolen goods, can't you see that!" He ranted to all of us in the room.

"Aden we can let you go as long as you don't do anything stupid. We will let you go wherever you want and not disturb you as long as you leave Landon alone." Michelle cut in coming from behind us.

"Get out of my sight you disgusting whore, you're just like Marcia." He cut out and his words hurt both Michelle and I. "You took the first chance you got to sleep with the enemy, he doesn't love you like I do." It was like time slowed down.

He was doing this over a broken heart and greed?

Michelle looked confused at his words and stepped a bit closer. "This entire time I thought you were in love with Marcia..." She trailed off glancing briefly at me.

"Yes for a time I was, but then she got married and then you turned into my world." He announced making the entire room uncomfortable.

He roughly pulled the gun out of Landon's mouth and started grinning. "I want things to go back to the way they used to be. I won't harm anyone if Michelle comes with me and I take second in the family."