Jon

His vision was blurry and bile rose in his throat. Jon scrambled to get up but crashed onto the floor. Black bile fell from his mouth. His body shook with the force of it. 

He felt a hand on his back and a voice in his ear, but his mind couldn't focus. He had been dead. There was no way he could have survived the mutiny. Was this the afterlife? He had been raised to believe that when he died, he would return to nature, this didn't seem like nature. Once his stomach was empty, he turned to see a familiar face. This had to be the afterlife. Robb was dead.

His chest ached, not it burned. He looked down and could see the gaping wounds. His shaky hands touched the puckered skin. His eyes went back up to Robb, who was saying something that Jon couldn't make out over the chaos in his mind. His eyes drifted to where Asha and Davos stood, both of them pale with shock. If they were here, how was this the afterlife? 

He felt a fur fall over his shoulders as Robb helped pull him up. "H-how is this happening?" He rasped.

"I told you that the Lord of Light had plans for you." Melissandre stepped into his vision.

'She should have let me rest.' Jon thought, remembering the battles to come. For a moment he was free of his pain, his fear, and his shame. It all came back now.

His eyes fixed themselves on Robb. "Are you really here or have I lost my mind?" He asked. 

Robb nodded. "I escaped the Red Wedding. Tywin Lannister told everyone that I died, but I didn't." He said with a sad smile. 

Jon stepped towards his brother, his legs unsteady. He engulfed him in a hug. He felt Robb's arms wrap themselves around him. His head was still reeling, but Robb gave him a sense of calmness. 

Someone rasped on the door from outside his solar. "It's Edd. Allister surrendered as soon as he saw the Wildings."

Rage flooded Jon's mind at the mention of Thorne. 

Davos rushed to the door and opened it. Edd stood in the doorway, frozen. "Seven hells, I can't believe that she actually did it." 

Jon stood, he could barely contain his anger. "Where is my sword?" He said, he knew what he needed to do. What he wanted to do more than anything else at this moment. He had never been as quick to anger before, but now he couldn't control it.

Asha stepped forward with Longclaw in her hands. He took the blade without a word. He slid into his chamber and pulled on some trousers and a fur coat before walking back out. With Longclaw strapped to his back, he walked back out. "Bring the traitors to the courtyard," Jon commanded, his voice cold. His blood ran burning hot in his veins. Edd nodded and rushed out.

Asha grabbed his wrist. "What are you doing?" She asked, an eyebrow raised. 

"Dealing out justice," Jon answered and pulled away. 

He walked out of the room. He could hear Ghost padding next to him, his teeth bared and ready for a fight if need be. Part of Jon was terrified of this new rage inside of him. He couldn't control it, it ruled him. 

The three traitors were lined up, Allister Thorne, Bowen Marsh, and Wick Wittlestick. "Edd, fetch me a box," Jon commanded and dragged Wittlestick to the center of the yard. "Any last words?" He asked. 

"For the watch," Wick repeated as he had when he pushed a blade into Jon's stomach. Jon pushed Wick's head onto the box and brought Longclaw down on his neck. He used Longclaw to push Wick to the side. Next was Marsh.

"For the watch," Marshes voice cracked. Longclaw claimed his life a moment later. Thorne was the only one left. Jon didn't have to drag him to the box, he walked over and laid his head down of his own accord. 

The Bite of Winterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें