6. One Thousand Euro (Alec)

I pop out of the house like a bat out of hell and run down the street until I am sure I can not be seen from the windows or the backyard. My heart will jump out of my chest. I am gasping for air. There is a bench on the sidewalk under a tree. I heavily flop on it.

   What was that crazy shit that just happened to me? I trace the impressive bulge in my pocket. One thousand euro. Is it possible for someone to rob you at ten in the morning? I tentatively look around. Of course not! I am losing my mind.

   I touch my bottom lip, which is still tingling from the feel of Sam's finger brushing against it. He was going to kiss me twice. His aunt is convinced I have done things to his... Argh, I am not saying it again. And I have a... date? Is cooking for a guy, as a punishment for your stupid behavior, a date? I need to talk to someone, or my head will explode. Daniel! Yes, I will call Danny. He can do the job of assessing the events as an unbiased observer. I immediately dig out my phone and dial the number.

   "Hey, Alec! So, you're still alive and in one piece," he yells in my ear.

   "I'm not sure," I mutter.

   "What do you mean you're not sure? Did he beat you up?" Danny's voice sounds concerned.

   "No! Of course not! Are you insane? Why would he do that? Sam is actually awesome. And guess what, he gave me the money," I retort, sounding too protective not to raise suspicion.

   "He did?" Danny shrieks in disbelief. "What did you do? Did you blow him?"

   Why does everybody accuse me of messing around with Sam's dick? I am the last person on Earth to even think about it. Alright, this is not exactly the truth, but still, I do not have enough courage to kiss him, not to mention anything else. This whole thing is starting to give me a terrible headache, or maybe it is The Hots.

   "I need a ride," I announce, mainly to change the topic.

   "No problem. Where are you?" Danny asks.

   "On the street, just a little down from Sam's house," I explain.

   "What? Why are you still there? Oh, my God! Don't tell me you spent the night with him," Danny screams. "Don't move! I'm coming."

   He goes to hang up but stops. "Are you alright?"

   What the hell does this odd question mean?

   "Why wouldn't I be?" I defensively grumble.

   "Never mind," he quickly says. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

   I am not sure it was a good idea to call him, after all. I should have better called a taxi. He obviously drove with the speed of light. I see the car approaching in less than five minutes.

   Danny gazes at me as if I am the eighth wonder of the world. His eyes become as wide as pancakes when I slide on the seat next to him and wave the bundle of banknotes under his nose.

   "How did you persuade him?" Admiration and astonishment are written on his face.

   "I didn't have to. I only explained the situation, and he said it was fair to split in three." Danny squints at me. His distrust is more than obvious. This is really starting to annoy me. I petulantly add, "We drank cocktails. It got late, so I crashed on his sofa."

   Danny's brow shoots higher than his hairline. "Only that?"

   "What else?" I hiss.

   "Alright." He raises his hands. "If you say so."

   I glare at him and pout. What is he implying? I do not like his tone. My friend sighs and starts the car. We drive in silence for ten minutes before he pulls over in front of my apartment block.

   "You are experienced in dating, right?" I finally ask, after some hesitation. Daniel definitely deserves the silent treatment for the rest of the day, but this is an urgent matter.

   "Well, I am married, so yeah, you could say so," he confidently declares.

   "Do you think it is a date if someone asks you to cook dinner for them in their own house?" I choke out the question.

   "Hmm, it depends." Danny thoughtfully scratches his nose."If the person showed any special interest in you, yeah, it could be a date. Did Sam ask you over for dinner?"

   "Mhm." I nod in confirmation. "It is a punishment because I said some shit in front of his aunt."

   "Punishment, my ass! The guy is hitting on you. If you decide to go to that dinner, you better prepare. Do you get what I mean?" He turns to me, narrowing his eyes. "Alec, are you gay?"

   "I have no idea," I gasp.

   "Have you ever fallen for a woman?" Danny asks.

   "No," I confess. "But I haven't fallen for a man either."

   "Never?" He sounds amazed. "Not a single time?"

   "Well, I liked a girl in the kindergarten." Now that I say it, it does sound a bit silly. But that is the pure truth.

   Danny snorts, trying not to burst into laughter. "Do you like Sam?"

   "Kind of," I mumble. "I mean, I think I do, a lot."

   "You better get ready then," he states. "Sam doesn't look like someone who beats around the bush and definitely doesn't look like someone who prefers to bottom, although you can never tell for sure. I mean, you should figure out how you feel about doing it."

   I only gaze at him open-mouthed.

   "Alec, do you have any idea how the sex between two men goes?" he asks.

   I shake my head. What sex? Nobody is planning to do such things, right?

   "You better surf the internet a little." Danny starts smirking, waving me out of the car.

   "Wait! What do you think I should cook?" I shout through the open window.

   "Nothing too spicy." He starts the engine, grinning from ear to ear.

   I walk into my apartment and roll on the couch, rubbing my burning face with my hands. What did Daniel mean with all that talk about bottoming and preparing, and how I felt about it? Am I really so dumb? I peek between my fingers and see the laptop on the coffee table. It can do no harm to read a little, right? I sit up and open it, typing "male to male sex" in the browser. Wow, there surely is a lot of information... and pictures.

   Oh my God! My hands are shaking, and my ears are burning thirty minutes later. Oh, my dearest God! I can not do this for the life of me. I shut the laptop closed and push the damn thing as far away from me as possible. There is no fricking way that I am doing anything, even remotely resembling what I just saw.

   No sex! I'm determined to die a virgin. I jump up and run to the bathroom to take the coldest shower I can stand. And then I might spend some time in the fridge as well.

___________________________________

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 6!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Do you think Alec will gather some courage to go to Sam's place and cook for him after these revelations? 😍

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it is necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter.

Love: Anny