66. The Winner (Sam)

I carry my Peppercorn in my arms all the way to the table, pushing my way through the thick crowd. Everyone is trying to pat him on the back, shake his hand, and congratulate him. A reckless fool even makes an attempt to slip a note with his phone number into my baby's pocket. I decide not to ruin Peppercorn's triumph by kicking the idiot's ass right on the spot. He better give up because I am quite good at remembering faces.

   A quick but exuberant outburst of hugs, praise, and jubilant squeals follows when all Alec's friends pile up on us like avid fans who just got the chance to get closer to their idol. I hurry to put an end to the exhausting tumult as soon as possible. In a few minutes, we finally stumble out of the club into the fresh night air.

   Alec is barely standing on his feet, leaning heavily on me. He takes a deep breath and mumbles, "Thank you, babe! If we had stayed inside a second longer, I would've surely fainted."

   I bet he has never had such an eventful day in his whole life. Oh, my God! It was totally crazy. He started over with a lesson on boat navigation, followed by fending off an aggressive worm attack and mud wrestling, met my so-called best friend just to experience the worst form of jealousy and put the cherry on top of this insane chain of events, spinning around a stripper pole, becoming the star of a dance contest. I am not even going to mention what happened in the shower. I consider myself a pretty resilient person, but honestly, I would have passed out a long time ago if I were him. And the amount of alcohol he drank... The hangover will be damn bad tomorrow, absolutely viscous. My poor angel. He has nothing to worry about, though. Teddy Bear is here to make it better. I am experienced enough to know how to breathe life even into someone, suffering from the worst 'morning after' effects. He only has to do what I tell him, which, unfortunately, I highly doubt.

   My heart flipped when his shirt started to roll up. Good that Scarlet remembered what I had whispered in her ear at the very beginning. I should thank her for everything. She is an amazing girl and prevented a great disaster. It could have become a total mess. All because of Victor... and me. I am so fricking mad. But I will deal with him tomorrow. Now, I only want to take Peppercorn home and cuddle my angel until he falls asleep.

   "Yoo, Aleeec!" Victor's exhilarated voice comes from behind us, accompanied by loud girlish giggles. We are already in the parking lot. I am rummaging through my pockets, searching for the car keys. No one needs a scene. Following us is another one of his terrible ideas. I am not sure whether I will be able to hold back this time, so I pretend I did not hear him. He does not take the hint as usual. "Why didn't you stay for the ranking? Don't you wanna know who won?"

   "I don't care, as long as I'm leaving with the hottest guy in the club and getting rid of you at the end of the day," Alec retorts, pressing closer to my side.

   "How about taking us with you for a little private party?" Victor suggests. "Look who's coming with me."

   I slowly turn around, feeling my blood boil at his insolence. The guy has not changed a bit since the times when we lived together in Paris. Victor has always been a person who can put you in the most unexpected and awkward situation possible, just for the fun of it, and then act like nothing happened. He is grinning at us, holding the star girls by the waist on either side, as if we should thank him for all the bulshit he just came up with.

   "Some other time," I growl, still trying to be civil. The girls have nothing to do with this. I don't want things to escalate in front of them. "Alec is tired. We prefer to get some sleep."

   "You're old and boring." Victor sneers, stepping towards me. "We can take the princess home and hit the clubs again. It's not my fault he can't hold his liquor."

   "Honey," Scarlet conciliatory cuts him, sensing the rising tension. "Let's get back inside and have another drink. The love birds need some alone time."

   "Yeah," Purple adds. "It's kind of chilly here. Let's go dancing."

   "Give me a minute, ladies," Victor says, ignoring my glare and Alec's scowl. He has never been able to understand when is the right time to stop. "I'm sure I can make this old grumpy change his mind. No one knows him better than l do. We grew up together. I can read Samny like an open book. Deep inside, he is dying to join us."

   "Vic, don't push it. I said, some other time. Grow up! Life can't always go your way. Accept it," I hiss, making one last attempt to resolve things peacefully. "Go party with the girls. We're going home."

   "What do you mean?" he exclaims, circling around me like a fucking shark. "Whose home? I thought you were going to invite me to stay at your place. I haven't even booked a hotel. It's three in the morning. Where am I supposed to find a room at this time? You don't intend to leave me on the street, do you?"

   "At Sam's house? You wish," Alec grumbles. "You are sleeping at my boyfriend's place only over my dead body."

   "Nobody's asking you, pretty boy." Victor stops behind my back and casually throws an arm over my shoulder. "Do you even know Sam? How long have you been together, a week? Who do you think you are to stand between..."

   That puts my hesitation to an end. I turn abruptly and fling a well-aimed punch in his jaw before he can finish, sending him reeling back. He sprawls on the car's hood. I am too mad to control myself and grip the front of his shirt, jerking him back up to his feet.

   "You, bastard," I roar, shaking him by the collar. "And who do you think you are, huh? NEVER TALK TO MY BOYFRIEND THIS WAY AGAIN! I don't give a shit if you're going to sleep under a bridge or on a park bench. It's over, Vic. We're not friends anymore. You're the one who didn't bother to learn anything about Alec, or me, or what this relationship means to both of us. I don't want to see you again. Beat it!"

   I push him forward just to get him away from me before I completely lose my composure and do something I will bitterly regret later. He staggers ahead, but the girls catch him a second before he falls flat on his face.

   I take a few deep breaths to calm myself and hold a trembling hand out to Alec. "Come on, babe. Let's go."

   "Wait!" Alec takes my hand but turns to the small group and asks, "Who won the competition after all?"

   "Isn't it obvious?" Scarlet answers.

_______________________________

Photo 84664665 © Artofphoto | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 66!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You are amazing!

A little drama at the end of Alec's craziest day 😂

Do you think Sam went too easy on Victor?

Is Victor finally going to give up?

You can also share some cures for a bad hangover cause Peppercorn will definitely need one 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny