29. Mr. Hot (Alec)

Nicol's menu is a total success. We are sitting at a beautifully arranged table under a white pyramid cabana canopy in the middle of a lush flower garden. Rows of sword lilies in vibrant red, pink, and yellow are surrounding us. A white climbing rose, heavy with flowers, winds up a wooden trellis nearby. The peach orchard stretches behind the hedge of raspberry bushes. Bees and butterflies are flying by. It's heaven. I can spend the whole day here. I can live here. I don't even need a house, well, maybe, just a small bathroom...  

   Nicol and Rose are gazing at me with shining eyes and interrupting each other while explaining the exact ingredients they have used for every dish and the technique of preparation. Both are hurrying to ask questions and learn some tips from a professional chef, although, considering the quality of the food, I don't think I have the right to give them any advice.

   "I'm so sorry about Henry, honey," Nicol puts her hand on mine. "Are you better now?"

   "Oh, don't worry," I quickly answer, feeling the heat on my face. Why can't I stop thinking about what Sam was doing when we were in his room? His hands... big... moving up and down... squeezing...

   "... prefer?" Nicol is looking at me expectantly. She has obviously asked another question, which I, of course, didn't hear because my head was full of... "Alec? Is everything alright?"

   "I'm sorry," I mutter. "I was just thinking about... about... the pudding. Yes! About the ingredients!"

   "Oh, I see," she nods. "I'm pretty sure I have everything we might need. We can go and start it, if you've finished eating. Just tell Rose what you prefer first so that she can prepare the room."

   I glimpse at Sam, hoping that he will help me. I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about. He's smirking and pretending to be very busy with his phone. I glare at him. He only winks and smirks more.

   "If you prefer, we can give you the guest room, but I thought that you might want to stay with Sam," she finally clarifies.

   "Oh, the room!" I'm trying to sound as if I don't hear it for the first time. "I haven't slept with Sam yet."

   Rose chokes on her water. 

   "No! I mean, I haven't slept with him in a bed," I blurt, making things worse. Rose starts to cough. My mean boyfriend snorts, trying not to laugh out.

   "I've done nothing with Sam in or out of a bed," I add. This time, he stars laughing in full voice. 

    "We got the idea, honey," Nicol soothingly rubs my shoulder and raises a brow at her son. "Sam!" He immediately stops cackling and goes back to toying with the phone.

   "It will be the guest room," Rose states firmly and leaves the table.

   The phone vibrates in my pocket. I take it out and peek discretely at the text message I've just received.

   Mr. Hot 🥵: "Why aren't you paying attention? Were you thinking about me licking your juicy butt?"

   I gulp heavily and put it back into my pocket, careful not to look in Sam's direction.

   "Which is better to use?" Nicol happily chatters. "White or brown sugar?"

   The phone vibrates again. I smile at her, desperately fighting the urge to read the next message. "White will be better. We can use brown for the caramel syrup, though. It gives a nice flavor."

   No, I can't resist. I know I shouldn't. He's doing it on purpose. The worst thing is that there is some unwanted movement in my pants, only thinking about what he could have written. I finally give in and peek at the screen again.

   Mr. Hot 🥵: "You deserve a punishment, first for lying that we've done nothing and second for putting us in different rooms with your big mouth."

   "It's not fair!" I shriek. 

   "You're right, honey!" Nicol quickly says. "Eggs from yesterday are not good. We'll collect fresh ones from the hen house."

   Mr. Hot 🥵: "Do you want to know what it will be?"

   I finally look at Sam, who is grinning widely. I raise a questioning brow. He puts a finger in his mouth and starts sucking it expressively. It is good that Nicol is too busy to list the benefits of the fresh, white eggs.

   "You promised something," I hiss.

   "Ahh, yes! I haven't forgotten," Nicol chirps and points to the hedge. "The strawberries! Sam will help you to pick some, dear. Unfortunately, my legs are still weak. I will need to lie down for a while before we go to the kitchen."

   "I'll help you, mom!" Sam rushes to give her a hand. He sneers and adds, "I'll be back in a minute, babe... to pick some sweet, ripe raspberries for you."

   My lips are pressed in a thin line. I'm tempted to answer, but don't utter a sound. My phone vibrates again five minutes after they disappear in the house.

   Mr. Hot 🥵: "You said I couldn't touch you, but you mentioned nothing about the opposite."

   What? Who does he think he is? I'm about to roll my eyes when another message comes. It's a picture. My eyes widen. Now I see what he meant when he mentioned the lord of the rings. I want to close it but zoom it instead. Wow, pretty! A dainty golden ring! Despite my better judgment, I zoom more. There's something engraved on it. I start rotating the phone and gazing until I am finally able to read.

😳

___________________________________

Photo 215660211 © Mstjahanara903 | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 29!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! 💗💗💗

Isn't Sam naughty? It seems he finds it very entertaining when Alec talks too much 😂

What do you think is engraved on the golden ring? 😂

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny