13. Babe (Sam)

I wake up in a bad mood and frown at the sun rays, coming through the window. The soft light shows me that it is late afternoon. I overslept and have no desire to get out of bed. I can very well spend the next two days here. Obviously, there will be no date tonight. I do not have to go to work before Wednesday either, so I will order some food, watch movies and mourn the lost opportunity to be with someone I really like. I knew it was too good to be true. My determination to call Alec has completely disappeared, leaving only unpleasant bitterness. I roll on my stomach and prepare to tuck my head under the pillow when the phone starts to ring. 

   I peek at the screen. My eyes widen at the name My Spicy Angel.  I immediately pick up.

  "Alec?" 

   "Hey... Sam..." An awkward silence follows. I stay quiet, afraid that he might hang up if I say something. I finally hear a muffled cough. Alec mumbles, "Are you mad at me?"

   "No, babe!" I quickly respond. "Why would I be mad at you? Of course I'm not! I'm so sorry for storming in the changing room yesterday. I should've knocked. Are you mad at me?"

   "No! I'm mad, but not at you. I shouldn't have yelled. I'm also sorry for hiding from you the whole evening." There is another long pause before Alec hesitantly says, "Sam, you just... umm... called me babe."

   "I did?" Wow, I really did! I grin from ear to ear, all my blues gone. "Do you mind?"

   "Mm-hmm... I... I actually... liked it," he mutters. Gosh, I am desperate to see his face. It must be gleaming red. "No one has called me this way. It's... nice."

   "Get used to it, Peppercorn." I chuckle, feeling as light as a feather. Every heavy thought has vanished. And yes, he definitely is my babe. "Are we going out on a date tonight?"  

   "If you still want to," he answers.

   "Are you kidding me?" I try to sound aggrieved at the possibility of all my efforts going to waste. "I planned it for hours. You will be stunned. I can't wait to see you and knock your socks off."

   Alec starts to giggle. "Alright, I am excited, but also a little nervous. What should I wear?"

   "Whatever makes you comfortable." I smirk . "You look perfect in everything, babe."

   "Sam," he squeaks. "Stop it!"

   "Why?" I ask innocently. "We're dating, right? I can call you sweet names. I can call you babe, Honey bun, Sugar pie..." Alec is already laughing in full voice. I add, "But I really prefer Peppercorn."

   "Fine," he agrees. "Where do we meet?"

   "I'll pick you up at seven," I answer, jumping out of bed, full of enthusiasm.

   My life is getting crazier by the second. I was down in the dumps and on cloud nine, all in less than an hour. The funniest thing is that I am also anxious about what to wear for the first time in years. I like the change. It was about time. I needed it.

   I wait in front of Alec's apartment building, leaning on my scooter. Ten minutes pass. It might be a good idea to call and see if everything is ok. He appears exactly the moment I take my phone out of my pocket. I almost drop it on the pavement. He is wearing a simple t-shirt over a pair of skinny jeans. They look devastatingly good on him, too hot for me to handle. This boy is beautiful.

   "I'm sorry for making you wait. My silly hair won't..." He immediately starts babbling but stops in the middle of the sentence. "Sam? You are gazing. Is there something wrong? It's because of the clothes, right? Too casual. You are so stylish. I can go change..."

   I step forward, grab his hand and pull him closer. Alec squeaks before bumping on my chest. He tries to protest, but my lips are pressed against his before he can make a sound. Someone whistles from a balcony above us. I can not care less about it. Alec's sweet mouth is melting on mine. There is no hesitation in him anymore. He clings on me and parts his lips to let my tongue in. I gently explore the velvety warmth until his fingers bury in my hair and he softly moans. 

     "Hey, you two, get a room!" The same guy shouts from the balcony. 

   Alec pulls away, heavily panting, and gives me a reproachful glare. "I've got neighbors, you know."

   "Well, at least I didn't tell them that I've tasted your cock," I snort through laughter.

   "Didn't I already foot the bill for that one?" my Peppercorn retorts. He notices the scooter and squints at me. "Are we riding this?"

   "Yes we are," I comfirm.

   "Are you good at driving it?" he asks with doubt, written all over his face.

   "Of course, I am, babe." I wrap an arm round his waist, pushing him lightly towards it. "Just hold on to me tight."

___________________________________

Photo ID 115789029 © Artofphoto | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 13!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

First official date is coming in the next chapter.

What do you think Sam has prepared to blow Alec's mind? 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny