Chapter 14 - Secrets

This is the universe testing me right?... cause I want a kid?..

Righttttt so this is a lot.... to take in...

Okay... for once... be calm...

Let's just think about this for a minute...

Lots of people could have that same name.... Tiffany.... such a common name right... and have a child with a fire quirk... that's blue flames.... yeahhhh...

But the kids got red hair!... I mean Dabi and his brother here both have white hair.... but endeavour has red hair...

Oh god I'm beginning to spiral...

I need to stop...

I looked back over to Dabi who was still crouched down in front of the boy. It looked like he was going to say something a few times when he stopped himself.

"Can't even bare to fight me now! Can you old man!" Ryoko said with a smirk. "Blown away by the strength of my quirk!" He yelled.

Dabi stood up and turned to Natsuo. "Can you give us a minute bro, I need to clear some things up." He said nervously.

Hearing Dabi speak only confirmed my suspicions even more. Natsuo gave his brother a nod and a supportive pat on the back before he walked back inside the hospital. And although I had soooooo many questions for him, now was not the time. There was another urgent matter that needed my attention.

"You backing down?" Ryoko asked Dabi again before turning to me. "You should ditch this loser and hang out with me." He said pushing his thumb into his chest.

Okay.,. That's kinda cute though...

I flicked my tongue on the roof of my mouth before I spoke. "Wow, that's Ughh super tempting offer there Ryoko. I just have a quick question for ya though bud. Did your mum have a blue flame quirk by any chance?" I asked still hopefully that this wasn't who I thought it was.

He shook his head. "I never knew him but mum told me that my dad had a blue flame quirk."

Dabi gripped his chin with his hand in a pistol grip as he continued to think. He was frowning at the boy while his finger pulled across his jaw.

"What happened to your face?" Ryoko asked looking at Dabi. "It's all messed up." He said truthfully.

Damn kids have no filter...

Dabi still looked lost for words so I decided to step in.

"He actually has a very very very ..... very similar quirk to yours Ryoko..." I said awkwardly in a high pitched tone. "So back to my question before, do you know anything about your father? Like his name? Where they met? Why he was never in the picture?" I asked with a fake smile.

Like is he this guy for instance....

Ryoko looked between Dabi and I before he shrugged. "I dono, maybe if my mum was here she would be able to tell me. But she's not." He said bluntly.

I cringed slightly and looked back to Dabi. He looked back down at the boy while thinking intensely.

A paternity test! That's what we need!... like dr phill...

Is it weird if we ask this kid to come back with us... hmmm maybe....

"Why are you both looking at me weirdly?" Ryoko asked looking between Dabi and I.

"I..." Dabi finally managed to say as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I ... think I knew your mother... that's all."

Ryoko shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "Probably, apparently lots of people knew my mum. She worked at a bar."