15

Two days after Riska arrived, I was on my phone, bored to death. Riska had started working on the case, and I was considering it. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to, though.

"Hey, Light. Did you know Riska's on the Kira case now?" I said.

Light didn't even look up from his book. "Oh, really?"

I glared at him, crossing my arms. "Light," I said, dangerously, "did you hear what I just said?"

"Of course I did. Why are you so suspicious?" He still didn't look up.

"Repeat it." I had walked around and stood in front of him, looking kind of like an angry parent scolding a child.

"Your friend started working on the Kira case. What's up with you all of a sudden?" He finally looked up from his book.

I started to glare when my I felt a stinging around my abdomen. My scar was acting up. That had been a while ago, but it would hurt from time to time. I gasped a bit, with a hand over my stomach.

Light was up in a flash, looking concerned. "Are you alright? What happened?"

I shrugged it off. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

Light glared. "Don't lie to me, (y/n)," he warned.

I tilted my head. "What? I'm not lying, why would I be?"

His concerned glare intensified. "What's wrong with your stomach?"

"What? Nothing's wrong. Now you're getting all skeptical and shiz!" I stepped backward.

Light tried to lift my shirt to look, but I fought back. He ended up holding my wrists, preventing me from injuring him, and slid the hem of my shirt up, revealing the scar. "What happened to you?" He said, looking at me with a concerned expression.

I tried to wriggle away. "Nothing happened. Don't worry about it." I tugged sharply to get my arms back, but that mofo is strong!

"That doesn't look like nothing," Light said, gesturing to the scar that stretched across my abdomen.

"Well it is!" I finally managed to yank myself away, sitting on the couch. "You have no proof! I haven't taken a polygraph!"

"Doesn't that hurt?" Light sat next to me, looking at me with a worried expression.

"No," I lied fluently. "Why would it?"

I was met with another skeptical glare. "(y/n), you are in pain. I can tell."

"I am not! You have no proof!"

"I don't need proof! It's obvious! I should know when someone is in pain!"

I growled a bit, walking away from him. A while later, I had somehow ended up on the roof. I sighed, pulling my phone out of my pocket, and dialed Riska's number.

"Hello?" Riska picked up after a few rings.

"Riska?"

"Yeah?"

"He found out."

There was a pause as she apperently left the room she was in, and her voice got quieter. "About the scar?"

"Yeah..."

"Did you explain it?"

"No."

"Are you going to?"

I hesitated. "...Maybe?"

Riska sighed. "Listen, I have to go. Be safe. Seeya."

"Bye, Riska." I hung up.

I sat there for a while, just staring at the sky, until Light walked into my vision.
"(y/n)? What are you doing up there?"

I shrugged, not really wanting to talk to him. Instead, I just looked back up at the sky.

"Do you know how to get down?"

I nodded.

"Do you plan on coming down any time soon?"

I shook my head.

"Are you going to talk to me?" His voice sounded like an odd mixture of exasperated, sad, and worried.

I looked down at him. He was looking up at me with a hopeful expression. I only shrugged.

"(y/n), please..." He sounded desperate.

Confused, I rolled onto my stomach, crawling around to peer over the edge of the roof. "What's so important to you about whether or not I talk?"

"A-Are you mad at me?"

"...I have no reason to be. Why, do you think I am?"

"Well, yeah, you were acting a lot like it," Light sulked.

"Stop sulking, I still love you, don't I?" I called as I rolled to climb down the ladder.

Halfway down, my foot slipped and I fell with a yelp. Light ran and caught me at the last second.

"Oh, thanks for that," I said. My voice was high pitched and breathy. "I could've gotten severely injured, falling from such a height, I'm sure of it."

Light sighed as he put me down. "You need to be careful."

"Careful?" I laughed. "You're seriously telling me to be 'careful'? Do you even know me?"

***

Hey sorry for taking so long to update! I gave you guys a long-ish chapter to make it up! Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll try to be quicker with my next update, and try to write longer chapters. Bye~