3

I woke up to feel the sun on my face. Eyes still closed, I ran the events from last night through my mind. I remembered Light's face, expression serious and eyes dusted with concern.

Knowing I needed to get up, I opened my eyes to see that exact face. I gasped and let out a surprised "ah!" I slid backward and out of my bed, landing in almost a fighting stance.

"Light, what are you doing? Don't you have a place to stay or something? Why are you here? Wha-" Light cut me off before I could ask more questions.

"Hey, that's way too many questions to ask someone at once." I straightened and crossed my arms. "Well, why are you here?"

"I was concerned for you," he explained. I might have glared just the slightest bit at that.

"My mental strength is not that pathetic, Light!"

"You were attacked, (y/n)! Just about anyone would be affected by that!"

I made a "tch" sound. "Well, if you haven't noticed, I'm not really like the majority of people." At that moment, a laugh sounded from the living room.

"Well, apparently Ryuk overheard our argument," I observed with a slight smile. Another laugh.

I walked out of my room, through the living room, and into the kitchen. "You know, Ryuk, your laugh is really creepy," I stated, throwing an apple, which he caught.

The shinigami only laughed before paying full attention to the apple. "I've got stuff to do so if you need me I will be somewhere in the house." At that, I was gone.