4

I walked through the house, singing "Angel of Music" (Phantom of the Opera) to myself as I finished my chores. I felt happier than usual and, due to this, pulled Light into a twirl as I sang; "Christine, you must have been n dreaming".

"You're not always this optimistic, are you?" I laughed. "No, I just feel oddly enthusiastic today- oh, looks like I'm done with chores now."

"Humans are so odd," Ryuk observed. I turned to look at the shinigami. "You've just now figured that out? Humans have always been odd- plus you're one to talk, hypocrite!"

"Humans are a completely different kind of odd than I."

I sighed. "I suppose so. Hey Light, what do you want to do? I'm bored and have no plans."

Light thought for a moment. "I don't know, go out and walk around maybe?" I shrugged. "Why not?"

***

We were walking around when I gasped. "I haven't had tea all day! I need tea- but the only place around here that has tea is Starbucks."

Light looked at me. "What's wrong with going to Starbucks?"

I shrugged. "I just don't like it. The drinks are usually made too strong, and it's not necessarily the healthiest diet option."

"I'm sure there's also such a thing as an unhealthy amount of tea."

"Nonsense! Ugh, but I desperately need tea, so I guess it'll do."

"Alright, I'm going to go buy something to eat, we can meet up at a nearby table."

I nodded and headed off, walking into the café and ordering an earl grey. After receiving my tea, I walked out and sat down at an empty table.

(Lawliet's POV)

I glanced around as I walked by, when one specific person caught my eye. The girl had (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes, she was sitting with her back perfectly straight as she looked down at a book.

She seemed to stand out for some reason, sitting alone and away from any people. It was then that I noticed the cup she was drinking from. Starbucks.

Seeing no reason to trouble myself with this girl, I continued walking. Although, as I passed her, a frantic voice called; "It's not what you think, trust me! I just really needed tea and Starbucks was the only place that had it!"

(Your POV)

L turned to me, a mixture of confusion and curiosity in his expression. "Oh, really? What type of tea is it?" He sat down in one of the empty chairs at my table.

I looked down at my cup, adorned with that dreaded logo. "Earl Grey, but it's a bit too strong. What kind of tea do you like, Lawliet?- oh dear," I placed a hand over my chest, a mock-concerned expression on my face. "Should I have used your alias, Ryuzaki?"