32.

"Sometimes I wish I were a little girl again... cause skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

When I wake up, I'm in my room again. But not alone as I would have liked. Chris, Kai and Becca are in here and there is a really awkward silence surrounding them until I sit up and break it.

"Elena... are you okay?" Becca is the first one to ask.

Chris asks me the same question with her eyes. I turn away cause I can't bear to meet her eyes right now. There is no trace of my carefree, self confident, bubbly sister in them.

I know I'm being cruel, she needs help right now. And I'll make sure she gets it.

I shrug in response to Becca's question.

"Guys can I have a moment with Chris?"

Becca springs to her feet quickly. "Yes, yes. Sure." She gets out of the door and Kai follow.

The whole time he didnt say a word to me or meet my eye. I take it that he is mad at me. And rightfully so. I sigh.

I turn to Chris and grab her hands. "Christina... Chris you know how it went down with mom and dad. We know so well.. about toxic relationships... and we swore to stay miles away from them. But then why would you do this? I dont understand... why..."

She shrugs. "I don't know Elena. I don't. We just seemed to click so well when we first met. And I dont know when I got so attached... so pathetic..." She looks down in her lap and tears flow down her face.

I hug her. "Its alright. Its gonna be alright. I'm not gonna let anything harm you okay?" I cup her face.

She nods as she looks into my eyes. "Its just so hard... so painful. I love him when I shouldn't. I know how.. screwed up I have got but there is nothing I can do about it.. nothing.." She breaks into hysterical sobs.

I hug her and rub her back, tears welling up in my eyes as well.

There is nothing so painful as seeing a loved one in pain and not being able to do anything about it. "Chris calm down. You are gonna get through this." I hand her a glass of water.

She gulps it down and calms down a little.

"Chris.. what do you think about going back home?"

Her eyes widen. "But Elena the semester is not over and there is time until Christmas vacation.. I cant just leave.." She objects.

"Listen to me Chris. You need to take the semester off. You are in no condition to go on right now. You need to focus on healing right now and you need your family, people who actually love you. I can only do so much here."

She doesnt argue cause she knows I'm right. "But I cant be like this in front of mom... and Jenny, god no.. I cant let her see me like this Elena."

"They don't have to know the full story. We can just say that you went through a bad breakup. That's all. It will be our secret if you want it that way."