30.

The most painful in thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone so much that you forget that you are special too.

••••

"What about Chris?" I can feel the colors leaving my face. Inside, I'm praying to god, 'Please dont it let it be something bad.. please..'.

Kai senses something is wrong. He is also fully awake now. I put the phone on speaker. Now that I notice, there is sound of music in the background.

"We.. I mean she's upstairs, I'm out in the corridor.. it's pretty loud but I think they are fighting.. I can't say for sure.. I.."

"Jonathan slow down. I cant understand anything." I cut him. I'm getting more and more tensed.

He takes a deep breath on the other side. "We, Chris and I are at a party at her boyfriend's house. And I came upstairs in the search of bathroom and now I'm outside the room in which the two are and they are fighting and it's pretty bad from the looks of it. I dont know if I should interrupt but I think you should come. She is crying, I think..." There is a slur in his voice. He is drunk.

"Text me the address. Right now. We will be there." I say and end the line. I turn to Kai. "We have to go. I know it's late and.. but I'm.. I'm so worried.." My voice cracks. This is not giving me a good feeling at all.

Kai holds my shoulders. "I know. Get dressed, we are going there." He kisses my forehead.

I dearly hope there is nothing wrong with you Chris.

---------------------‐------------------‐---

We reach the venue after half an hour or so. As expected there is a party going on. But as morning arrives, more and more people are either leaving or passed out drunk.

The house is bigger than I expected. Chris's boyfriend must be very rich. We enter through the main gates and go in the hall where the music is still blaring from the speakers.

People are making out, drinking, some are even dancing. The stink of alcohol and sweat among others is making me nauseous. But thank goodness the place isnt extremely crowded now.

Chris is nowhere to be seen and neither is Jonathan. He said they were in her boyfriend's room. Wherever that is. Kai and I climb up the staircase. God there are a lot of rooms.

"I'll search the rooms on this floor. You go upstairs." Kai suggests.

I nod and go up.

I get a minor heart attack when I see Jonathan on the floor. But on inspecting, it turns out he is just passed out.

From the room down the corner, I hear noises, even when the music is too loud.

As I stride closer, they become more and more clear.

"You bitch!" A male voice shouts.

I hear Chris's scream.

I run as fast as I can and push the door open which luckily wasnt locked.

The scene inside sends chills down my spine. It makes me numb. Chris is on the floor and a guy kneeling down beside her, grabbing her hairs. Her left cheek is red. And I know because of what.

The two of them set their eyes on me. The guy with impatience and anger. Chris with shock.

"Let go." I say in a dangerously low tone. He doesn't. "Let go of her!!!!" I shout on the top of my voice.