28.

We all have to be a little crazy to stay sane.

••••

Becca and Lucas close the boot of the car as we approach. Kai puts me down near the car.

"We weren't going to the cafeteria?" I ask, thoroughly confused.

He shakes his head. "Nope. We are going on a small trip for weekend." He tells.

"But where? My clothes? What about food? What in the world..." I start.

Becca puts a finger on my lips. "Its all done." Is all she says. I sometimes so hate her non informative answers.

"Let's do a coin toss. Winner drives." Lucas pulls out a coin.

These boys and their love for driving.

"No need. You can drive. Elena and I will sit in the back. She needs to sleep." Kai says just when Lucas is about to toss the coin.

Lucas is happy. Such a kid. I smile.

We all settle in and Lucas starts driving. Since I am sleepy already, I put my head in Kai's lap and fold my legs, lying down on the comfortable seat after lifting up the arm rest.

His car never fails to amaze me. It gives the feel of a mini luxury hotel room.

Kai starts laughing. I look up at him with questioning eyes. Becca turns back as well. She can't control her grin either. But at what? Lucas glances from the rearview mirror and chuckles.

"What am I missing out on?" I question.

"I haven't slept like this since I was 8. God you're so cute." He bends down and kisses my cheek.

I huff out, faking annoyance. "You are all tall jerks." I say which earns another round of laugh. It makes me smile.

Soon, I start getting drowsy and fall asleep.

--------------------------

I wake up when I hear the loud thump of the boot closing. The view outside the window is very unfamiliar for a second before my eyes widen.

I hop out of the car.

"A beach house!?" I cheer loudly.

Kai hugs me from behind. "You like it?"

"I freaking love it!" I say without a second of hesitation, bouncing up and down like a kid.

Its almost noon but the cool sea breeze hits me like a blessing. The air, the sound of the waves, it's all so relaxing.

Becca throws my duffel bag at me. "Thank me later."

With this, she and Lucas go inside the house with their bags. The house is just like I picture an ideal beach house to be. Not too big, clear glass windows, big porch. I know the interior wont be disappointing either.

"Did u rent it? My God it would've cost a fortune."

"We own it. It's my family beach house. So dont worry about the price and focus on relaxing." He kisses the side of my head and takes my bag. "Let's go."