13.

"Remember that you have a friend,
Though he may wander far."

▪▪▪▪

"Wait!" He says as I exit the room. Then he opens his drawer and takes out my medicines.

Yes. My medicines. He has declared himself my official personal nurse. He takes care of my medication now. The morning ones, the evening ones, the night ones.

Sometimes it irritates me like anything but most of the times its sweet. He hands me the pills and a glass of water. I gulp them down after which he locks his room.

We walk together in the cool, quiet evening. The sun casts an orange glow all over the sky and birds are retreating back to their nests. It's peaceful.

We reach the cafe and just then my phone goes off. It's Becca.

"It seems that I am going to be your roommate tonight." I say to Kai after I get off the phone with Becca.

He gives me a quizzical look as he settles down in the chair in front of me. "What?"

"Becca wants to spend the night with Lucas so she asked me to sleep in your room tonight." I tell.

A smirk forms on his face.

"Why that look?" I ask, raising a brow.

He scans the menu. "They are obviously going to have sex tonight."

I choke on my saliva. "What!?"

He gives me a rueful look. "How can you not know such blatant things?" He gets up then. "I'm ordering a mocha for myself and bubble tea for you."

Before I can protest he puts a finger on my lips.

"No caffeine, no alcohol. That's the rule." He takes care of my diet as well.

I sigh and wave him off.

"Don't be mad." He says and kisses my forehead before going to the counter.

I freeze. These little things he does out of the blue once in a while makes my heart race like never before. I can still feel his lips on my forehead.

My eyes follow him to where he stands. They always do. I unconciously find myself staring at him a lot of times nowadays.

He laughs as he talks about something with the cashier. I can tell she is impressed by him. Who would not be?

He has a knack for charming people here and there. And he has soo many friends. Almost every other day I fund a new guy or girl at our table. It gets hard to remember their names.

He returns with our orders. The girl's smile fades when she spots me. I shake my head subtly.

"Let's play twenty questions." He suggests.

"Okay." I reply.

"I'll go first. What kind of boyfriend would you like?" His eyes are serious though his tone is light.

"I'm not sure if I would even like to have a boyfriend to being with but.. okay let me think.. Well, caring I suppose. Understanding. Someone who would not run for the hills when he gets to know about my Narcolepsy. Someone who can deal with my weirdness. And he shouldn't have a sexist nerve in his body. That's a deal breaker."