25.

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist, that's all.

▪▪▪▪

I majorly changed the last chapter as it got posted without my consent.

Wattpad can be Wattpad sometimes.

AnyhowI advise you to reread the last chapter before you come onto this one.

▪▪▪▪

There is a loud knock on the door. "Elena!" Kai shouts on the other side. "Elena you can't just run away like that!" His voice is composed of something between anger and hurt. "I'll be waiting here until you come out and talk to me."

Becca pulls away from me. "Whenever you're ready." She says, looking straight into my eyes and passes me a small smile. "Just know that I'm in Team Elena, no matter what."

I nod, mustering up a smile as well. I have got to talk to him. It's not fair what I am doing to him. But a little while later.

I drink some water to calm myself down and settle on the bed. A good fifteen minutes passes by without any sound.

Surely he wouldn't be waiting till now, would he?

No. That's just foolish. I shake my head and lie down on my bed. Becca has already fallen asleep. She is lucky that way.. she never has trouble sleeping.

There is a restlessness within me. I toss and turn in my bed but sleep refuses to come to me.

I get out of my bed. Okay, I'll just confirm that he is not waiting for me out there and then go to sleep with a light heart.

I open the door and look around. The corridor is mostly empty, just a few guys lurking around. Ofcourse he won't be here after so long, I repeat this in my head as I try to dissipate the pang of hurt tugging at my heart.

"Elena.." A soft voice calls out of nowhere which makes me jump. I look down and find Kai sitting on right side of the door. "You came..." His voice and eyes both are sleep filled.

Oh Kai. Why do you have to be so good? Why do you like me so much?

I settle down beside him. "I'm sorry." I say. "There are moments when I lose my cool completely. My mind gets all over the place and it gets too much for me to handle."

He puts his head on my shoulder. "I know."

"Does that mean you're not mad?" I ask hopefully.

"I'm too sleepy to be mad right now. But tomorrow I'll be pretty mad so be prepared."

This makes me laugh. There is a pause. "You understand what I was trying to make you realise, right? Your father.. give him a chance. That's all I ask."

He sighs. "I'll apologise."

"Really!?" I scream, elated.

He nods. "So.. do you wanna talk about him? Your father?"

I shake my head. "That's a story for some other time. Right now.." I snuggle closer to him. ".. I just want to spend some quality time with my boyfriend."