CH.19 Knowledge Inbetween

summary: Karl is forced to travel and revisit the inbetween once again. Tommy finds the book about his wing mechanics and the inbetween and other side after a long search

Early morning sunrise, the smell of coffee as I sat at my desk and watched the sun pull up into the blanketed horizon. The journal was open, pen on paper. I had been writing for days just to write as much as I humanly could, trying not to think of the petrifying intruding thoughts that coincided with traveling again. But.. this morning was different. Not because i was the first one up, not because george had not been seen in kinoko for over a week, not because the coffee machine broke as i tried to make my caffeinated beverage. It was that my whole mindset was different today, my whole body and the air felt different but not in a good way more so in the sense I knew I wouldn't be on this land for much longer. I knew sometimes today I'd probably have to say goodbye.

At least I knew I'd have to write. At least i'd gotten familiar with the feeling i got before i was transferred to other worldly places. I was rapidly trying to spew information onto the pages to try to have things that could bring me back easier this time. Pages open, pen on paper and a jubilee of words spewed on the pages. Eventually I had to just take a minute and stop to breathe. A tear rolled down my face, I didn't want to go again. I didn't want to forget again. The sun hit the town in just the right way offering a stunning view. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

" good morning habibi" he said sweetly

" hi quackity" I said

" what are you up to" he said peering over my shoulder at the book

" I uh nothing" I said shutting the book

" cmon you're never up this early what's up?" He said leaning in the desk with a coffee in hand looking dapper in his dress outfit

" I'll tell you in a minute it's just- what are you doing today you look handsome"

" thank you" he said through a giggle as I pulled him close " I have some things to do in lmanburg today"

The way quackity said this was odd though like there was more to it

" what aren't you telling me?"

" Karl I I can't live in kinoko... with risk of war and everything in lmanburg I have to be ready to fight"

" I understand" I said quietly reaching for his face and running my thumb over his scar

" so what were you doing beautiful"

" writing in my memory book so I have stuff to pull me back"

" you seem frazzled though baby"

" because I think I'm gonna leave today and I don't know when I'll be back... I'm trying to write everything I can"

" so this is goodbye" he said hugging me

I started crying

" hey hey hey" he said locking eyes and moving the hair out of the way " we'll see you again I know we will"

" I love you quackity"

" I know" he said before giving me a kiss " I love you too"

We both took a deep breath watching the sunrise as he rubbed my back. I took a sip of my coffee before he did as well

" ah well i should go. tell sapnap about me staying in lmanburg when he gets up and tell him he's willing to come and stay with me while your gone"

I nod as he stood in the doorframe

"I'll miss you"

" I'll miss you too" he said

I closed the book and locked the latches before taking the final sip of my coffee. I slipped into the bedroom and got dressed and ready for the day whilst trying not to wake sapnap