Chapter 7 - Where Do Broken Hearts Go

Author's Note #1:

Sorry for last night's cliffhanger, I didn't realize I also ended that one on a cliffhanger! The song for the chapter is Where Do Broken Hearts Go, I rewrote it from a different POV and included the lyrics in the chapter so if you want to listen to the karaoke version and follow along with this lyrics or just hum the tune or keep the song in mind while reading that part that would be great! Here's a pic of Ace singing in the studio.  I have a GIVEAWAY going on if you want to join it's international and it ends on May 17. It's on my ig: cristy.lealr or on my shops's ig: shopmwk :) And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up!

*Casey's POV*

My alarm went off at exactly 8:00 am, just like every morning and this time I made sure I didn't fall back asleep. As soon as it sounded I grabbed my mood journal and opened it while I was still in bed. I don't know why but I had that feeling in my stomach again, the same one from yesterday's morning. A mixture between nausea and electric tingles, that was the best description for what I was feeling. I decided to try and ignore that feeling and focus on my entry for today. 

"How do you think you'll feel today?" I read in a hushed voice. "Well, Harry's coming to the studio again, and if it goes anything like yesterday, then it won't be too bad, sure he'll remind me of Niall and probably Niall flashbacks will resurface, but I'll try and stay positive today. Anything to try and shake this strange feeling away." I always did my thought process out loud, but in a hushed voice since Ash didn't know anything about my mood journal and I preferred it if it stayed that way. After a little more thought, I settled on a 7, figuring it was a good number to start with based on yesterday.

I got ready and was out of the door before the clock even hit 9, which meant that I would make it to work in time, or maybe I'd get there earlier, but considering we're in LA, I doubt it. And again, just like yesterday, as soon as I got on the highway, my mind wandered off, taking me back to Mullingar 2009.

~December 14, 2009~

"Happy 6th month anniversary Ace." Niall greeted me with flowers. I know 6 months doesn't sound like a lot, but when you're in your teens, 6 months seems like a lifetime. 

"Oh my god, I love them they're so pretty." I smiled as he gave them to me. "Thanks Ni."

"Anything for you."

"I baked you some brownies, they're in the kitchen." I started telling him as I dragged him to the kitchen.

"So that's what smelled so great?"

"Yeah." I laughed. "Everyone's been trying to grab one so I've been guarding them all day long."

"Thank you so much." He replied before laughing along with me. His adorable laugh filling the kitchen. 

~End of flashback~

I finally pulled up to the studio at 9:20, 10 minutes earlier. I headed inside, and Jean hadn't arrived yet, so I had the studio all for myself. I headed to one of the booths to work on my own songs. I always did the same thing if I got here earlier than Jean or if I stayed longer than her, I went to one of the booths and recorded my songs. I'd been working on this one for a month now, since I did everything by myself and it was hard when I did it for 10 minutes or 15 tops a day. I'd already recorded the melody, now I was ready for the voice. I set an alarm for 9:30 and opened up my notebook to look at the lyrics before I started singing. I'd been working on the song I had written after Niall and I broke up. The song I wrote to try and convince myself that I was over him.