Chapter 13 - On My Own

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is On My Own. This is actually my favorite song from Flicker, and I figured it went along with the flashback, so hence why it's the song for the chapter.  Here's a pic of Niall auditioning for the X Factor, with a huge smile plastered on his face to hide everything that was going on between him and Ace. If anyone knows how to make good edits for chapters let me know! I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Niall's POV*

"You wouldn't have everything you have today, you wouldn't be where you are today if you hadn't done that."

"But I would still have you." I mumbled. Losing her would always be my biggest regret.

"Niall..." She started speaking, but of course the happy couple chose that exact moment to burst through the door. How fucking great!

"You're still alive." Louis stated.

"'Corse I am." Ace laughed.

"Oh no love, we meant him." Harry explained.

"We saw how you were shooting daggers with your eyes towards him all morning, we didn't expect him to survive lunch." Louis continued.

"Oh fuck off." I finally intervened. 

~June 28th 2010~

"Mom are you sure I made the right decision?" I didn't feel comfortable auditioning for the boys' category. Something didn't feel right, something was missing. Ace was missing.

"I'm sure baby. This could be your big break. I know you love Casey, but sometimes you've got to put yourself first. And this is one of the situations in which you should." What she said kind of made sense. 

"Okay." I answered, still not convinced.

We waited for a couple of hours, until it was finally my turn to perform. I was a nervous wreck, I couldn't stop myself from shaking, but I knew I had to get rid of my nerves before I hit the stage. I tried calling Ace one last time, but again, she didn't pick up and her voicemail was full. At least hearing her voice saying 'You've reached Casey, I can't come to the phone right now, so please leave a message after the beep.' comforted me. Even if it was a pre recorded message, hearing her voice made me feel better. 

"You're up." A lady instructed me, and seconds later I found myself on stage, this was it. 

"What's your name?" Louis Walsh asked me. I couldn't believe where I was, I was about to sing in front of hundreds of people, and one of those was Katy Perry. Wow.

"Niall." I answered.

"Niall what?"

"Horan."

"Why are you here today?" He continued questioning me. And I had to come up with an answer fast, since I could no longer used my prepared answer because Ace was not here with me.

"I'm here to be the best artist I can be." I regretted saying that the seconds the words left my mouth. That was crap, why did I even say that?

"And Niall how old are you?"

"I'm 16 Louis."

He continued with another question, before Katy Perry jumped in and asked "Is this gonna make you really popular at school?"

"Yeah, I suppose Katy. Yeah" Woah! Where did that confidence come from? What the hell?

And a few seconds later, I started singing one of the songs I had practiced in case something happened and I had to fly solo. Guess it was a good thing I practiced a little bit on my own, I wasn't a 100% prepared, but this was better than nothing.

And then it was time for them to speak their minds. 

"I think you're unprepared." Of course he was going to say that. "You came with the wrong song." If I had sung with Ace he wouldn't have said that. "You're not as good as you thought you are."When Simon spoke those words I felt my heart breaking to pieces. "But I still like you." Where did that leave me then?

Everyone else spoke and I honestly don't know where I stood. A part of me wanted to get rejected so I could get back to Ace and hopefully she would forgive me, but another part of me wanted to go through, it would be a dream come true. With either outcome I lost something, so at this point I didn't know which outcome would be best.

"Simon, yes or no?"

"Well, I'm gonna say yes." What? Simon said yes to me? I started getting excited, maybe I could make it through.

"Cheryl, yes or no?"

"I'm gonna say no." Shit.

"I'm gonna say yes." Louis suddenly interrupted. "So now, Katy, he needs three yeses." I was so fucking close!

Everything she was saying was making me believe that she was going to say no, but then at the last minute she said "Of course you're in." And I couldn't believe it, I was in shock. "Don't let us down." She exclaimed.

"I won't." I mumbled as I walked off the stage where my mom, my dad and Chris were waiting for me.

"You made it!" My mom exclaimed as soon as she saw me and ran towards me. And I'm not gonna lie, during those few minutes I forgot all about Ace. I forgot about our fight, I forgot about the fact that she was going to be mad as hell for ditching her during the audition, although she technically never showed up, and I forgot about our relationship, all I could think about was the fact that I was through to bootcamp.

~End of flashback~

*Casey's POV*

I'm glad Harry and Louis burst through the door when they did, or I don't know what would've happened. Hearing Niall say those words sparked something inside of me that I had tried for so long to keep hidden. I knew that if they hadn't walked in I would've kissed him, and that's something that I would've regretted, because I'm not ready to forgive him yet. Yes we're on the road to forgiveness, forgiveness as friends. But I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready to overcome what he did to me, I don't know if I'll ever trust him enough to be in a relationship with him again. I'm not ready, at least not right now. I might forgive him, but I'll never forget what he did to me, it's going to take a lot for me to forget what he did. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Hey there guys! Again, kind of like a filler chapter, but more exciting chapters are coming. I just wanted to include the flashback and set up everything so that I can better explain why Niall suddenly ghosted her.  Anyways, I hope you liked it. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!