Chapter 17 - No Control

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is No Control, one of my faves! Who else does the James Corden dance whenever they hear the song? Here's a pic of Niall and Ace in the studio K-I-S-S-I-N-G . Sorry I didn't update last week I went on vacation! I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

I don't know what came over me but when I heard Niall say "They're all about you. Every song I've written has been about you." I couldn't help myself and I lunged forward and kissed him. 

When he kissed me a few hours ago, all of the feelings I felt back when we were 16 resurfaced. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit shocked when he kissed me, and the thought of punching him for doing it did cross my mind. But when our lips connected, they brought back so many memories, so many feelings that I had fought so hard to suppress. And now, as our lips connected yet again, it felt as if we were back to our old selves, it felt as if we were 16 all over again. 

"Sorry." I muttered as soon as we broke apart.

"What for?"

"For doing that."

"You don't have to apologize. I didn't." He gave me his cheeky smile.

"Okay." I smiled back. "Should we get back to work then?" I didn't trust myself around him, I couldn't control myself and that was scary as shit. 

"Yeah." He got up from the chair he was sitting in and got back into the recording booth. 

By the time we finished recording that song it was already lunch time. 

"Do you want to go out to lunch?" Niall asked me. As if I was going to get caught going to lunch with him, no thank you. If someone got a picture of us together I can already imagine the headlines and I prefer to lay low. 

"I think I'll order something."

"Okay, can I stay then?"

"Yeah sure." I didn't want to be rude I just didn't want to be seen with him in public, because then people will start to speculate and that's not something that I want. But now I was becoming uneasy, I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it through lunch without doing something stupid. I'm not normally like this, but Niall brings out a side of me that had been buried for a long time. And it doesn't help at all that today is the anniversary of the first time we slept together and 6 years since the last time we spoke with each other. So I didn't know if I'd start crying any minute now or if I was going to lunge meself at him again. Like I said, I can't control meself when he's around, so all I can do is pray and hope for the best.

"Do you have anything in mind?"

"Not really, what do you feel like having?"

"Burgers? You still like those right?"

"Yeah I do." It was nice that he still remembered little details about me. It was nice to know that someone knew the old me, the real me. Even if it was just small details, it felt good to know that he remembered. After all, we'd been each others' worlds for over a decade.

We were talking as we waited for our food to arrive, and before I even knew what was happening everything went to shit. I found myself straddling him on the couch, his lips pressed to mine as his tongue hungrily searched for mine. And I'm not gonna lie, it felt good, it felt good to be kissing familiar lips again. Things were getting heated and then he whispered in my ear:

"You do know what happened 7 years ago today right? Because I haven't forgotten" And then he started leaving a trail of kisses down my neck. He remembered?

"Yeah, I do." I admitted. It's hard for someone to forget the day they lost their virginity to the person who you thought was the love of your life.

"Glad to know you still remember." He continued leaving kisses all over my neck, and he started placing them lower and lower, getting closer to my boobs.

"You do know that that's not happening right?"

"What do you mean?" He came to a stop and turned to look at me. 

"We're not having sex here!" I exclaimed.

"But if we were someplace else we would?" I have to chose my words more carefully.

"No. You knew what I meant Niall." I rolled my eyes. He was trying to get on my nerves, and I hated to admit it, but he was succeeding. 

Thank god his phone started buzzing right that second, indicating that our food was here. I hopped off from his lap as he reached for his phone. There was no way in hell I was sleeping with Niall Horan again, especially not here. 

"Here you go Case." Niall said as he handed me my burger.

"Case?" I asked.

"Can I call you that? It's not Ace so that you don't get mad, but it feels weird calling you Casey, I never called you that."

"Sure you can call me Case."

"Compromise."

"Oh shut up." I threw one of my fries at him, and he obviously retaliated.

"Stop it, I like fries, I don't want to waste them." He laughed as we continued throwing fries at each other. 

"Fine, fine, we'll stop." I ceased the fire.

"Thank you." He replied, as he put back down the fry he was going to throw at me.

We finished the rest of our lunch, and Niall and I actually ended up having a pleasant time. It was the first time we had managed to not end up fighting. We were making progress, we were gradually becoming friends again, or at least that's what it seemed to me. 

"Hey Case..."Niall asked me as we were packing up to leave, we had managed to record two of the three songs he was going to record in our studio.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to hang out?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, we can go out to dinner or you can come to my place and we'll order something."

"Sure."

"Great!" He exclaimed as he smiled at me. "So restaurant or my place?"

"Your place. And before you get any ideas we're still not having sex, I just don't want my face to be plastered on the news tomorrow for being seen with you."

"Okay, okay." He laughed. "Do you need a ride?"

"I brought my car."

"Would you like to follow me to my place then?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." I replied as we both headed out and that's when it hit me. What had i gotten myself into? I was going to Niall's place and we were going to be alone. God save me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Hey there guys! Hope you liked this chapter. I know that it seems weird that they kissed out of the blue, but remember that they used to date and they used to be best friends, so it's not that weird to want to kiss your ex who you're still in love with. I'm really hoping you enjoy this chapter and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!