Chapter 29 - Why Don't We Go There

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Why Don't We Go There, it's been on my mind a lot ever since it kind of went viral on 1D tiktok when everyone was doing the Wildest Dreams trend with this one . Here's a pic of Niall and Ace holding hands while he was driving. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

"You have?" He asked, turning to look my way.

"Oh my god can you please look at the road? You're going to kill us." I laughed.

"Sorry, but you kinda sprung that on me without a warning."

"Sorry about that. I just felt like I needed to say it."

"I'm glad you did." His hand held mine all the way over to my place. "So, where does that leave us?"

"Huh?" I questioned, because honestly all I could think about was the fact that we were holding hands, as if we hadn't done a lot more. But this somehow felt much more intimate.

"You told me you changed your mind about me, but where does that leave us?" Shit, I didn't really think this through. 

"Um...I..." I bet he could sense how nervous I was because he interrupted me.

"Why don't we take it slow and see what happens?"

"I'd like that." I smiled at him. 

We kept holding hands throughout the whole ride, his thumb drawing circles around my palm. And I don't know how to explain it but it felt different, it was both calming and electrifying at the same time. 

I got a text from Ash while I was at the studio and she told me that her boss had another event today, which meant that she'd be home late. I could invite Niall in, since Ash still didn't know about what Niall and I were doing. Heck she didn't even know that Niall and I were exes. 

"Do you want to come in?" I asked Niall as we got to my place.

"Sure, I'd love to." 

"I'm starving." I announced as I opened the door. 

"So am I."

"Let me see what we have here, maybe we can cook something?" I offered, before quickly regretting it. That sounded way too romantic for two people who had just agreed to take things slow. "Or we can order." I gave him another option in case the former was too much. As if we hadn't done too much already. Haha.

"I like the idea of cooking, although if I recall correctly you were always a terrible cook."

"I beg your pardon?" I quickly turned around to face him, acting offended.

"Come on Ace, we both know you're a terrible cook."

"I.am.not. Have you forgotten that I make the best brownies ever?"

"Trust me I haven't forgotten, but when it comes to preparing meals..."

"Well, I'm gonna prove you wrong. I've learned you know. 16 year old Casey might've been a terrible cook, but 24 year old Casey is an amazing cook."

"I'll be the judge of that." He laughed.

"You're still helping me cook though. I don't plan on doing everything by meself."

"Of course I'll help." He chuckled as he got up from his seat. "So what are we making?"

"Well, let's see what we have." I opened the fridge door, and saw that it was nearly empty. I told Ash that I would go grocery shopping 2 days ago, but I kind of forgot. Oops. "And we have...nothing." I laughed.

"Let me see." Niall walked over to the fridge and put his arm around my waist while inspecting my nearly empty fridge. "Why don't you have any food? I'll have to take you grocery shopping or else you'll starve."

"I kind of forgot to go, I was busy doing other things."

"Oh so now I'm a thing."

"Oh shut up Niall." I couldn't help but burst out laughing. 

"I don't like being referred to as a thing you know."

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I know, I know. But I like teasing you."

"Oh is that right?" I gave him a cheeky smile as I turned around to face him and traced my fingers along his chest, stopping right by the hem of his pants.

"Oh so this is how you want to play now?" He replied and before I could say anything else he crashed his lips into mine. 

We ended up having sex, because let's face it, neither one of us is good at just teasing. 

"So, now that you're not busy anymore doing other things aka me, what would you like to have for dinner?" He let out a little laugh.

"Oh my god, when are you going to let that go?" I tried to act annoyed but then I stared into his eyes and I caved, I broke into a smile.

"Never."

"In a million years?"

"Fine I'll stop if you stop."

"Thank you Niall."

"Do you want tacos? I feel like having tacos." He changed the subject back to food.

"Sure, I love tacos."

And so 30 minutes later there we were, eating tacos in our underwear cause we were both too lazy and too hungry to get properly dressed. 

"I don't know if I was really hungry or what, but these tacos are the best I've ever had."

"You say that about every meal we have."

"Well, what can I say Ace? I love food."

"I know." I smiled at him. "I'll have to admit, these tacos are pretty good."

"Told ya."

We were minding our own business eating our tacos while watching tv, when I heard someone trying to open the front door. Niall eyes darted towards mine, he didn't know what to do. 

"Wait...wait." I screamed, hoping Ash would hear me and she'd give us time to hide in my room. 

"Why?" She hollered back as she opened the door a mere second later. "She stopped dead in her tracks as she took in the scene in front of her. A half naked Niall Horan holding a taco in his hand watching tv in her living room, sharing a blanket with a half naked Casey. 

"The fuck?" Was all she uttered as she stared at us. Waiting for an explanation. And I mean, I don't blame her, if I were in her place, I'd want an explanation too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Hey there guys! Hope you all had or have a great day today! I'm really really sorry for the cliffhanger!! But I promise I'll have the next chapter out as soon as possible. It's been great reading all of your messages of support, they made me feel really loved and I'm really grateful for all of you, so thank you! Work has been hectic this past month, but I hope I can keep up with writing at least one chapter per week.I'm really hoping you enjoy this chapter and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!