Chapter 16 - Paper Houses

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Paper Houses. Niall's going to record in the studio in which Ace works ( East West Studios) and fun fact, Niall actually recorded Slow Hands in that studio in real life. Here's. a pic of studio 2, where Niall recorded Slow Hands, and where he's recording in the story. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Niall's POV*

I got to the studio at 10:30 am on the dot, I didn't want to make Ace angry, nor waste her and her boss' time. I went inside and saw that there was light coming in from one of the rooms, so naturally I followed the light, thinking they were already there. When I reached the door I saw that the room was empty but there was already a track loaded. I sat down on the chair and started playing it, thinking that it was the track that I had sent them with some instruments already recorded. But as soon as I heard her voice I knew that it wasn't my track, and that I shouldn't be listening to this, but I couldn't stop, her voice was so soothing. I finally started paying attention to the lyrics, and I realized that the song was probably about me. I reached the volume knob to turn it down in case she heard it, but it was too late. 

"What the fuck?" She asked, making me jump from my seat, my cheeks immediately flushing. 

"Is it about me?" I asked her.

"What the hell Niall? You can't just barge in like that." She ignored my question, like I suspected she would.

"Sorry, the door was open." I answered hers in hopes that she would answer mine. 

"That doesn't give you permission to go snooping around." 

"I'm sorry." I voiced, hoping she'd answer me, but she didn't reply I continued asking. "Did you record that today?"

"Yeah, it's an old song." So it could be about me, since it's an old song. 

"You didn't answer my question. Is it about me?" I asked again, without breaking eye contact, but standing up from the chair as I got closer to her.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked, lowering her gaze as I got even closer to her. I was now a 100% sure that it was about me, and if she had decided to record it today, that meant that she could possibly still have feelings for me. 

"Because..." I trailed off as I crashed my lips into hers. She was taken aback at first, she obviously wasn't expecting me to kiss her, but I wanted to catch her off guard. I knew that if I asked to kiss her or hinted at it, she'd tell me to go and fuck myself. She didn't kiss me back at first, but then she slowly started giving in, she started kissing me back. It felt so good to be kissing her lips again, I never forgot how her lips tasted, and I'd been dreaming about kissing them for 6 years.

"Niall..."She pushed me back after kissing for a few seconds.

"What?" I asked, still savoring her lips on mine.

"Why did you do that?" Her voice was shaking.

"Because..."I started leaning in again.

"No Niall." She pushed me back again, her hands against my chest, preventing me from kissing her again. 

"Why not?"

"We're working together and we barely tolerate each other."

"I tolerate you, who says I don't?"