Chapter 14 - Spaces

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Spaces, you'll get it when you read the flashback.  And I don't know why but this song always makes me cry. Anyways, here's a pic of  the boys' first live performance, aka Viva La Vida. If anyone knows how to make good edits for chapters let me know! I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

I cleared my throat to get Niall's attention as they were leaving the studio.

"Yeah?" He looked up from his phone.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What? I was going to say goodbye this time."

"Oh god, as if." I let out a small laugh. I obviously wasn't asking him to say goodbye to me, I wanted him to tell Jean that he was going to record in our studio so I wouldn't lose my job. "You haven't told Jean, and you promised me you would."

"Oh you're right." Why do guys forget everything? I don't get it. "Jean." I heard him speak as my boss turned her attention away from Harry and Louis. "I'd love to record some of my songs here."

"That's wonderful Niall!" She exclaimed as a huge grin spread across her face. "Just tell me when you want to come by and we'll set up everything for you."

"What about Friday?" It was Wednesday today, that meant that I'd be seeing him again in less than 2 days. How lovely. Not.

"It's the 9th right?" Jean asked and I froze. Did he do it on purpose or did he not remember?

~October 9th 2010~

"Cay, I can't have you moping around the house all day." My mom opened the door to my room. I was laying in bed listening to sad and depressing songs, just like every other teenager does when they're feeling miserable.

"Why not? That's how I feel."

"Oh come on. Yes I know you haven't spoken to Niall but you're not going to stop your life because you're not with him."

"Don't say that mom. We haven't broken up."

"Casey, you haven't spoken to him in over 3 months."

"Yes we have." I lied. 

"Whatever you say. Just know that this isn't healthy and you're going to have to get up sooner or later." 

"I will." I reassured her so she'd leave me alone.

I turned on the tv on my room and that's when I saw the commercial with Niall on it. Today was their first live show. He'd been booted from bootcamp and I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of happy when he didn't get through. But then the stupid judges had to bring him and four other guys back on stage to offer them another chance...as a group. Like you have to be fucking kidding me. Niall and I were going to audition as a group then he auditioned for the boys' category and ended up in the group category. Way to fuck with me world.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." I mumbled to no one in particular. I hoped they got eliminated on the first week, I wouldn't be able to bear seeing him on tv every week. Besides maybe if they got eliminated he could come back home and we could try and fix our relationship, it we still had one. 

Niall hadn't returned any of my calls since our fight, and he had only texted me back like 10 times in the past 4 months. Always apologizing and saying that he was really busy rehearsing and moving. Yes, he had moved to London, it was one of the requirements, so now it was even harder to reach him. Suddenly I heard my phone ring, I looked at the screen and saw Niall's name on it. I quickly answered, what if something bad had happened?

"Ace?" I heard his voice after not hearing it for over 3 months.

"Yeah?" I replied. Did he remember that a year ago today was the first time we slept together? Was that why he was calling? To try and fix things?

"Did you call me?" He asked confused. What did he mean?

"What are you talking about? You called me."

"Give me back my phone." I heard Niall's voice at a distance, along with a bunch of laughter. "Sorry about that."  He chuckled.

"It's okay."

"My friend Louis decided that it would be funny to call you." 

"Oh." I replied. So he didn't remember, of course he didn't. 

"Yeah, but anyways. I have to get going. We have a show in a few hours."

"Yeah I saw that." 

"Talk to ya later."

"Sure." I'm not even sure if he heard me, because he had already hung up. He didn't even say wish me luck, or I love you, or I miss you, or anything. Maybe it was truly over between us. Maybe he didn't feel like he needed to tell me that things were over between us because he thought that our relationship ended when he auditioned by himself. Maybe I was the stupid one for thinking that he still cared about me and that we could somehow find a way to fix this. Guess I was wrong.  

~End of flashback~

"Everything okay?" Harry asked me in a hushed voice, brining me back from my memories.

"Yeah." I lied. Everything was not okay obviously, Niall was coming to our studio to record by himself on the very same day we had slept together for the first time 7 years ago and on the anniversary of the last time I heard his voice speaking directly to me. Everything was fucking great.

"Perfect, we'll see you here then." Jean smiled at Niall. 

We said our goodbyes, from afar obviously, I didn't want to get close to Niall. Sure I didn't feel like murdering him anymore, but I was still not over what he had done to me. Baby steps. And after then left Jean turned to me and told me

"So I won't be here on Friday."

"What? What do you mean?" I panicked.

"My husband and I are going away for the weekend. Remember? I told you about two months ago."

"Then why did you tell Niall that it was okay for him to come in?"

"Because I know you're perfectly capable of handling everything on your own. And we can't turn down artists. You know that."

"I know but..."

"No buts, you'll be here on Friday helping Niall. And I expect you to be nice to him, remember, we always go above and beyond for our clients."

What the fuck was I going to do? I was going to be here all alone with Niall on Friday? It was already bad enough that he was coming in on the 9th, but now that it was only going to be the two of us it was way worse. Shit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Hey there guys! I'm sorry for the kind of cliffhanger, but this is all I had time to write, hopefully next chapter can be a little bit longer. I hope you liked it. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!