Chapter 27 - Still

Author's Note #1:

New chapter finally! The song for this chapter is Still, one of my absolute favorites from Heartbreak Weather. I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, I wasn't in a good mental place and didn't feel like writing at all, but we're back! Here's a pic of Niall during their date. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

~February 14, 2017~

*Casey's POV*

Niall and I hadn't seen each other since Thursday, when he asked me out on a date, a real date, on Valentine's day nonetheless. To say that I'm nervous is an understatement. We haven't been on a real date since before he went on the X Factor, and I'm assuming going on a date with him now is quite different from the ones we were used to. 

~February 14th 2010~

"I know it's not much, but here you go." Niall told me as he handed me a flower bouquet and a mix tape with all of our favorite songs.

"I love it! Thank you so much." I exclaimed as I hugged him. We didn't have a lot of money and I knew that Niall must've worked his ass off to buy me those flowers. I didn't care if they weren't expensive, to me they were the most precious gift in the world. "I got you something too." I told him as I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen. I'd made a guitar pick with our initials on them, so that every time he would play his guitar he'd remember me. And I had also baked him a heart shaped cake. 

"A cake? Thank you, thank you, thank you." Niall embraced me and spun me around. 

"Yup, and I also got you this." I handed him the little box with the pick. 

"It's perfect Ace. I'm going to use it every day." He told me as he inspected his gift. 

~End of flashback~

"Who are you getting all dressed up for?" Ash asked me as she walked into my room, without knocking might I add.

"I'm going on a date."

"You are?" She turned to look at me, her surprise evident in her face.

"Gee, don't sound so surprised."

"Sorry, sorry. It's just that you never mentioned that you were going out on a date."

"It must've slipped my mind." Yeah right. My date with Niall was all I could think about for the past 4 days, it obviously hadn't slipped my mind. I just didn't feel like telling her because I knew she'd pry for information.

"So should I wear my earplugs tonight?"

"I actually don't know if I'm going to be coming back home tonight." I admitted, which was actually true. I almost never spent the night over at Niall's place after having sex, but I figured that if the date actually went well...we could be spending the night together as well, the whole night.

"You bitch." She slapped my arm as I laughed. 

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I'm going on a date as well."

"Who's the unlucky guy?" I teased.

"F U" She flipped me off.

"You know I'm kidding."