Chapter 8 - Arms of a Stranger

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Arms of a Stranger. I know the song is literally about being with someone else (like a rebound), but it could also be about finding comfort in the form of a friend, or in this case a literal stranger which is Harry, since he's basically a stranger to Ace.  Been watching lots of Grey's Anatomy hence my evil spawn reference! Here's a pic of Ace and Harry hugging in the bathroom (let's pretend she has the same clothes as in the last chapter). I have a GIVEAWAY going on if you want to join it's international and it ends on May 17. It's on my ig: cristy.lealr or on my shops's ig: shopmwk :) And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up!

*Casey's POV*

"Ace..."I heard the evil spawn speak. And as soon as I heard that nickname, a chill ran down my spine. I hadn't heard that nickname in over 6 years. And I was taken over by a wave of emotions. How was it possible to hate someone so much yet still have feelings for them? I needed to get out of there before something worse happened. As if him hearing me sing a song I wrote about him wasn't enough. 

"No, you don't get to call me that. Not anymore." I mustered with the little courage I had left, looking him dead in the eyes. They were even more blue than I remembered. I felt like crying, I turned around to walk out of the room and Jean chose that exact second to show up. Great timing.  I turned my gaze down, trying to hold back the tears.

"Harry hi. I see you've brought some friends along with you." I heard Jean speak, so I forced a smile at her. 

"Umm..yeah...this is my boyfriend Lou and this is Niall." Harry stammered, unsure of how to act. I swear you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. But apparently Jean couldn't see that as she kept talking.

"Oh how lovely. And I see you've already met Casey." Unfortunately we have.

"Yes." I replied with a fake cheerful tone, after all she was my boss and this was my dream job. I wasn't going to let Niall ruin another thing for me, not this time. I wasn't going to let him leave me with nothing again. "I forgot something in my car. I'll be right back." I whispered to Jean.

"Of course." She smiled at me, still oblivious as to what was happening. 

I was barely able to open the door and exit the studio when the tears started streaming down. I didn't even know how to feel, all of these emotions that I'd managed to keep buried suddenly flourished, and it was all too much to handle. 

~February 14, 2010~

"Happy Valentines Day!" A cheerful Niall exclaimed as soon as he saw me and I ran to embrace him. Not only was it Valentine's Day, but it was also our 8th month anniversary. 

"Happy Valentines Day to you too. And did you know that today is also our 8th month anniversary?"

"'Corse I do, how could I forget the best day of my life?"

"And mine." I smiled at him. I was utterly completely in love with him. I remember reading in a magazine that by the age of 16, 80% of people have met the person they're going to marry  and I was happy to know that I fit right in with that 80%. I was a hundred percent certain that I was going to marry Niall. 

~End of flashback~

"You're so fucking stupid." I kept repeating over and over to myself as I bawled my eyes out. "Why are you holding on to him still? He fucked you over. You need to continue being mad at him." I talked to myself. I don't know how long I was crying, until I heard a knock in my window that startled me. I wiped the tears away and finally managed to see that it was Harry who had knocked. He motioned for me to open the door, and I don't know why, but I did. Even if he was a stranger to me, something about him made me feel safe.