Chapter 33

Flashback~~~~~~

"Emmett?" My voice came out as a whisper, not wanting to disturb the comfortable atmosphere the dark woods allowed us.

Emmett wrapped his arms around me from behind, resting his chin in the crook of my neck.

"Yeah, Ellie?"

"Will you always be here for me? I mean . . . I know that Seth, Anthony, and Rosie are here for me, but it's different with you," I answer truthfully, making patterns on his arm.

It's been one month since Bruce and I joined the Shadow Blood pack and I was still a little afraid to trust others, and secretly hating myself because I'm different. But Emmett changed that. I don't know, it's difficult to explain. Emmett and I are attracted to each other, but then we're not. Like a brother-sister love, at the same time it isn't. I know – confusing. Oh well.

"Of course I'll always be here for you, Ell, always. Don't ever think differently." He turned me around to face him. His brown curly hair shines in the moon's light as his seal brown eyes stared at me with tenderness. "Why would you ask such a thing?"

I will the trembling lip to stop and confess, a bit scared, "I had a bad dream last night." I paused, and gulp. "And in the dream, you were killed."

"Ellie, it's okay. I'm here. You're one of the most important people in my life. Whenever you need me, I'll be there. I won't ever leave you," Emmett says calmly, stroking my cheek and plants a kiss to my lips with passion, love, as a best friend; a promise sealed with a kiss. My first kiss.

"You promise?"

He grinned and flashes me a killer smile. "Pinky promise."

End of flashback~~~~~~

No, was the first thing that popped into my head as the bullet flew through the air and connected with my best friend's body. Emmett threw his head back and screamed out in agony, and falls limp.

"No, no, no, no, no . . . NO!"

The man who stood by my side and loved me as a sister and friend and at one time something more, couldn't be dead. Suddenly my gray cheetah shirt felt tight on me, my mid-section showing so the wind bites the skin much to Vincent's displeasure. Hair billowing in the night air, and rage pumped inside me.

With a mighty roar, and seeing nothing but red, I jump and transform into my red and blue wolf in midair. The hatred I'm feeling clouds any common sense as I tear whatever crossed my path apart. Blood taints my mouth, pleasurably. The rogues try to overcome me with more numbers than I was told. I guess there was more than twenty, after all. Left and right I'm violently attacked; I don't feel the pain. I did not give mercy as I bit, clawed, and broke them as if a walk in the park.

Once the red haze passed, I look around and gasp. The rogues were in pieces everywhere, scattered throughout the yard. Except for one. Scrawny. A snarl tore itself from my throat, and Scrawny flinched away.

When the man who attempted to wipe my best friend from the face of the earth tried getting up, I kneed him in the face, sending him flying back.

"I am Manuel, you can't hurt me because of who I work for!" he snarled. Got himself upright and went in for a punch, but I quickly dodge and counter with a blow to the head, knocking him unconscious.

"Take this piece of shit to your dungeon, do not harm him. I'll handle him myself. And for fucking sake, someone call for a doctor!" I snapped, rather violent, and made a beeline to Emmett.