Chapter 26

When I arrived at the pack house I finally met Emmett's mate, Celeste Odean, a pretty orange haired girl with warm caramel brown eyes. She was a very shy person but I could easily see Emmett and her together.

But once the Midnight pack took their leave, the week went by in a blur. Vincent and I preparing for the Great Gathering took up most of our time. But, of course, we visited and bonded with our pack as much we could.

The day of the Great Gathering came upon us sooner than I'd thought. The pack and I made our way to the place only meant for important meetings, like now. Once every year the Great Gathering is held to help wolves find their mates, or to discuss matters that they all have in common.

All packs had an Alpha male, not even one female had ever been an Alpha until I came along. But, they don't know that. And tonight I'm planning on revealing who I truly am in both human and wolf form.

Considering that there were ten packs crowded into one space, the clearing is pretty much the size of a stadium, if not more.

A huge list was shown from the projector as it showed all the packs and Alphas:

Midnight – Alpha Sean
Shadow Blood – Alpha Ronnie
Howlers – Alpha Alex
Eclipse – Alpha Damon
Silver Moon – Alpha Steve
Ambersky Rock – Alpha Aron
Ash Canis – Alpha Ben
Night Burst – Alpha Adam
Whisper Gloom – Alpha Carter
Evening Furs – Alpha Dean
SlayersAlpha Guy
TerrorsAlpha Bill
Bare FangAlpha Charles
WatchfulAlpha Potter

These ten packs – not including Sean, Alex, Damon's pack and my own – live in our region while the other thirteen lived across the world.

The chilly night air pulled me out of my thoughts as the Alphas stood tall and proud on the cliff that overlooked the others. The Betas and Lunas were behind their leaders, just like the old times. Instead of me being up there like I should've been, I was currently standing by Vincent with some of my pack members nearby.

One of the young Alphas came forward, looking angry, catching everyone's attention. "Where is the Alpha of the Shadow Blood Pack? Is he that inconsiderate to not show himself?" he said, earning growls and snarls from my pack.

Ever so slowly I revealed myself by raising my voice over the uproar. "I am here."

Thousands of people parted for me, looks of disbelief and anger and amusement all over their faces. As I stood in front of the ten Alphas that had no idea who I was, I could see the amusement but anger hiding underneath their cold gazes.

"You are no Alpha. You're a joke to the werewolf world, you little . . . " Alpha Aron trailed off as Vincent's loud snarl was heard.

His arms encasing our bodies as close as he could, the power and protective stance he had was sending shivers of pleasure through me.

The werewolves snarled and growled when they noticed a vampire among their presence. The members in my pack drew back into their own corner on my order; things could get nasty so I can't have them separated.

Vincent and I walked up until we were joined with the rest of the Alphas.

Looking down at the werewolves, I yell, "This Vampire King" – cocking my head to Vincent – "is my pure mate. My true mate. And my pack, the Shadow Blood Pack, accepts their Alpha's rightful mate and nothing any of you can say will change their minds."