Chapter 22

The break of dawn woke me from my peaceful sleep. Every day I always wake before my pack; that's how it's supposed to be. I turn my head to the side and was met with Vincent's sleeping face. How the hell can someone still be asleep and be drop dead gorgeous?

Silently, I get up and do my morning routine: shower, brush my teeth, wash my face, put on some spandex shorts and sports bra, go downstairs, and eat a nutrition bar before heading out to go for a patrol run. And I did just that. But, I couldn't help myself. I gently bent over and kissed Vincent on his plump lips before I left.

My morning runs were always the light to my day. I never run in wolf form, because a person in human form must also be strong. We and our wolves are one, after all. I trained myself to become stronger both mentally and physically all those years I stayed with the Shadow Blood pack. I never stopped pushing myself until I became the top fighter.

I ran sixteen laps with Bruce around the territory and I would've done more if training wasn't in a couple of hours.

I then decided to just head home and work on pack duties while Bruce made some lame excuse to leave so he left. Sitting behind my desk, I think of the people that I have to help with all their fighting skills. I would have to demonstrate techniques to ensure everyone was up to speed. The other job I had was paperwork and letters of concerns for me.

I had to keep track of births and deaths to make sure they were up to date. I also had to answer letters from pack members addressing any of their concerns. Then there were the several bank statements that I had to look at. Even though we have an accountant, it was the Alpha's duty to keep track of finances and make sure all the money was accounted for.

It may have been quite a lot to do for other Alphas, but I'm no ordinary Alpha when it comes to my pack. Life is simple with us, we do things our own way, whether the elders agree or disagree. But the elders have not once went against me and my decisions. That had to count for something.

In no time I was finished with my work, so I thought it was better to take a shower to clean off any unwanted smells. After the shower I threw on my undergarments, some workout shorts and a simple T-shirt.

Noting that my mate was still fast asleep, I slowly crawled over Vincent. I racked my eyes over his muscled chest, wanting so badly to run my hands over them. Through my eye-raping the sexy man that lay beneath me, I hadn't noticed Vincent was awake until it was too late.

"So, now you're a stalker? I wouldn't mind if you did anything to me, thought you should know that."

I could feel my eyes widen and I blushed furiously. A grin plasters over my face and I shake my head defiantly while I ran my finger up and down his abs.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'P'. "I've seen better."

In an instant I was pinned under Vincent with my hands held above my head, his free hand took hold of my leg and made it wrap around him. His eyes were a blood red as he looked down at me. He might have been intimidating to others but I just thought he looked even more attractive. Maybe I should get him mad more often.

Vincent drew closer until our noses were touching, his voice was deep and husky as he said, "And who would that be? I'll kill him if I get the chance. You are not to talk to other males. You are mine."

My body shivered with pleasure at the possessiveness his voice held. And it wasn't helping that his scent was getting me high. Without me knowing what I was going, my legs wrapped tightly around Vincent's waist and pulled him closer to me. Hands going in his hair and bringing him down close to my body. I suddenly felt something hard poke the inside of my thigh. I moaned at the unfamiliar feeling coming from below. I lifted up and rubbed myself along his length through his boxers, making him growl in satisfaction.