Chapter 21

Damon was standing to my left while Sean and Alex were to my right. Bruce didn't move an inch away from me since we've been here. We're overlooking the crowd from the stage, watching as everyone settled down into their seats. Rows and rows of tables were filled with pack members talking amongst themselves. The packs are at the clearing in the woods, getting ready to start the Thanksgiving feast.

"Do you think we should start?" Sean asked, rubbing his chin, lost in thought.

"It is getting a bit late," Alex agreed while nodding his head.

Damon frowns and took a quick glance at me before saying, "But what about Ellie's mate?"

"We'll continue. I already told Vincent if he didn't want to come then he didn't have to." I frown, disappointed that we had to go on without him.

Our Betas, Third in commands, and close friends are seated on the first table in the first row like they always did when special events are present such as this.

Sean, Damon, and Alex were wearing plain clothes but at the same time they're fancy; either black or dark blue pants with button up shirts that hugged their muscular chests. Whilst I had on simple white jeans, a black and purple shirt, and some heels. My makeup was perfect with nude lipstick and my hair hung loosely at my waist. It was, after all, my last night with my best friend. I had to make sure he gets everything perfect.

"Alpha Ronnie, I think we should start."

I nod, agreeing with Alex. Stepping forward, the conversions soon dies down as they realize Damon is going to speak.

"Hello and welcome Midnight, Eclipse, Howler, and Shadow Blood pack." The crowd responded with their own greetings. " We are here tonight for many important reasons," he started off. "The first reason is because, well, it's Thanksgiving and we all are here to become close friends, as a family. Most werewolves found their mates today and that makes me happy. So enjoy."

Sean walked forward as Damon stepped back. "The second reason we have brought you hear is because one of my pack members, Emmett, won't be around for a long time." Emmett walks on stage and stands next to his Alpha. "He will be leaving tonight to go and try to find his mate that he has been searching for, for many years. If anyone would like to join him on his journey to other packs as well, are allowed to go. That is, if your Alpha agrees. I have contacted every pack I know so you won't run into trouble. So, are the Alphas alright with my solution?" Sean looks over his shoulder at us and we all nod our heads.

Knowing it's my turn to speak, I take Sean's place and stay silent for a little while before I begin, my voice turning deep, sincere. "And the final reason is because I have found my pure mate." Shocked gasps filled the area. "I know, it seems impossible, but it has happened to me. My mate is a . . . ah . . . . " My sentence cuts short when I make eye contact with golden eyes.

Vincent.

With a new found confidence I beckon Vincent to come stand by me. In a blink of an eye he's by my side, holding my hand to his lips as he brushes them against my hand.

Alex, Sean, and Damon's pack went into a frenzy when they realized what Vincent was.

"Calm down now!" I yell over the scattered people. I didn't even have to use my Alpha tone to get them to do whatever I wanted, they all stopped. "This is my mate, Vincent, and he is a vampire. He is now the Alpha Male of the Shadow Blood pack. Vincent is not the usual viscous, self-centered, crazy vampires we come in contact with. He's the opposite. The ancestors have paired us together for a reason and I'm sticking with him. Do any of you have a problem with us being together? If so, do not be afraid to voice what you think. Nothing will happen to you."