Chapter 18

My eyes swept over the room. A frown on my face while I took in the mess before me. I stood perfectly still as the Alpha next to me was fuming. Oh, I was pissed, all right. I was just better at masking it.

The two groups of teenagers stared at Damon and I with caution. Damon's pack members were watching him in fear, while my people had their heads dropped, ashamed but held pride.

"You all are nothing but pieces of—"

"Enough, Alpha Damon," I snapped as I step forward.

"They deserve punishment."

I shook my head in disagreement. "They deserve a chance to explain themselves."

"We know what happened. They had a food fight and started fighting like wild animals."

I rolled my eyes. "Stephanie, what happened?" Stephanie was one of the many teenagers in my pack.

She lightly bowed. "It all started with Roxy and Cesar. Cesar was angry because Roxy and Philip were making out. From there everyone just started yelling and next thing I know, it was a fight between our packs."

My eyes narrowed in on Cesar. This is what I hate about most male werewolves. They're allowed to talk and flirt with girls while the females are not to talk to other males or be around them. I hate guys. I really do.

"Now Cesar, why would you attack Roxy and Philip?"

"Because she's my mate and only mine. No other man can touch her."

I actually laughed at him.

"No, she's not yours. You rejected Roxy, remember?" I ask harshly. "And then after you rejected her you just went and slept with as much girls as you could. Do you want to know something? When you have sex with another person your rejected mate can feel it. Sometimes see it through their eyes and it hurts, it tears you up inside to know that the person you're destined to be with doesn't want you. It changes a person from who they truly are." It was silent all around but I didn't care, some people needed to hear the right things.

"I want her," Cesar said quietly, voice breaking, then to her. "I don't care if you turn back to your old self, Roxy. I love you for who you are, and I always will. I love you. Do you here that everyone? I love Roxy Thimble, so go spread the word people. No matter what, I will never stop fighting for you."

Roxanne had tears steaming down her face as they looked into each others eyes. I knew she loved him, anyone could see the passion they held for one another. It was just a matter of time before it could express itself.

"I-I need time," she cried. I pulled her to my side as we began to walk away.

I abruptly stopped when I heard Damon talking again. "Alpha Ronnie, you must show your pack to be obedient and punish them, don't you think?"

I spun around and growled, "There is a difference between respect and fear, Alpha Damon. My pack respects me. They know exactly what is expected of them. So the big question is, which do you want? For your pack to respect you or fear you?"

Letting the conversation drop, I hurriedly put a sobbing Roxy in my car and drove her to the pack house. It was silent in the car. But, not the awkward silence, it was comfortable. I knew Roxy had to have some time to think so I excused her for a week from school to make her life more, well, not easy, but bearable. I knew how that felt. It wasn't a good feeling to have. To have to face your mate right after he rejected you, saying that he wanted you back.

Exchanging our goodbyes to each other I head back to my house where a very worried Bruce was waiting. Ignoring him, I stepped out of my car. I inhaled the cold air, a smile playing on my lips. The weather always helped calm me.