Chapter 16

I didn't move a single muscle. Even though I showed no emotions, I was screaming inside. I didn't want to deal with him right now. My eyes closed, my heart clenching with pain.

The wind brushed my body ever so slightly, whispering sweet things to me, comforting me. I inhaled a great deal of the fresh air and it felt good. It was always cold in Cali.

"Ellie . . . . "

I put my hand up, silencing him. "I thought I was over and done with you, but my heart thinks otherwise. But you can still go and screw every girl you want 'cause I don't give a shit. After all the crap you've put me through I forgive you, I have ever since that night you rejected me. But you know what? I was actually wanting to get to know you a little better even though we couldn't. We can't because we gave an oath to our ancestors and that can't be undone. We made the decision to do it and as far as I'm concerned, I don't regret a single word."

Damon was looking at me with pain clear in his eyes. Shaking my head, I took a step back. It was the wrong move. Damon had me pinned to a tree and I had to wrap my legs around his torso, again. His eyes turned black with lust and anger.

"You are mine." I opened my mouth to say object but was cut short when Damon decided it was the perfect time to stick his tongue in my mouth.

I tried pushing him away but he grabbed my hands and held them above my head while his other hand slid down my body. I bit on his lip, drawing blood. And that's when the hunger came.

Crap, I forgot I'm half vampire, I thought, panicking.

A little taste won't harm, a dark voice whispered in the back of my mind.

I took his bottom lip between my teeth and started sucking, savoring the sweet taste. I reluctantly pulled back, unsure if I could control myself.

"Damon, I'll hurt you. You don't know what I am." I inhaled sharply as he nibbled on my neck.

"You're half vampire, I know," Damon whispers as I gasped and tried again to push him away.

"How . . . . ?"

"The night you were kidnapped I saw how you looked and acted around me when I had blood on my face from you punching me. Plus, your eyes turned red," he grumbled against my skin.

"And you still accept me?"

"I want all of you." I shivered at the intensity his voice held.

This couldn't happen again. "No. Get away from me." I felt dirty. Damon was just with a girl and now he's here pressing his body against mine. Besides, Damon didn't answer my question.

His grip on my waist tightened, grinding against me. A moan escaped my lips. Dammit, why can't my body just listen to me? 

"Ellie?!" And just like that, Emmett's voice broke Damon out of his trance. I pushed him away and ran to Emmett.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he questioned in a worried tone.

"Can you take me home?" I sigh, tired. Emmett picked me up bridal style and ran to the house. I closed my eyes, snuggling closer to his warm body.

'Oh, little one,' I heard Bruce whisper before I fell into darkness.

The clear water beneath me welcomed me like I was part of it. Everywhere I looked water covered the land. I felt at home here.

"Hello, Elizabeth," a soft voice greeted, echoing in the distance. Frowning, I look around but find nothing.